Suggestion

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

LoveHatesYou
Bookshelf Size: 0

Suggestion

Post by LoveHatesYou »

What about choosing a book for memebers to read if they choose, and then a forum where they could discuss it chapter by chapter?
knightss

Post by knightss »

i like this idea =) oh! and you should put a poll up containing a few books to choose from and we'll read whichever is most voted on.
LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

Any new books out people would like to read and have a forum on? Or old classics? I would be happy to be a moderator on it. Suggestions please.
knightss

Post by knightss »

oh and a place to talk about off topics... things not related to books. A place to chill when your bored... kinda like i am right now ;)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

LoveHatesYou wrote:What about choosing a book for memebers to read if they choose, and then a forum where they could discuss it chapter by chapter?
Such as a book of the month?

You could hold a poll each month (or whatever time-frame you like) to choose a book from a list of nominations. Then, we could have a book of the month forum, in which participants could discuss specifics chapters of the book (perhaps while they read it) and then discuss the book as a whole afterwards.

Do you want to moderate such a forum, LoveHatesYou?

Does anyone want to nominate any books?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

knightss wrote:oh and a place to talk about off topics... things not related to books. A place to chill when your bored... kinda like i am right now ;)
Done.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

knightss

Post by knightss »

thanks =)
LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

Yes I would love to moderate. I could check in twice a week, have guide questions, etc.- we just need to choose a book! Any suggestions anyone? We should start the 1st of the year. SO get on it people! I'll got to B&N and see if anything catches my eye...
knightss

Post by knightss »

ok, i thought of a couple of books.
1) A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess: always wanted to read this book but i havn't yet for some reason or another.
2) Watership Down by Richard Adams: highly recommended by a friend.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Okay, I've made the forum. It's called Book of the Month. LoveHatesYou, the first book you can make a poll with knightss' nominations and any other nominations. Or, you can just choose one of knightss' nominations and go with it. You can choose how to run it. I've given you moderator control over that forum, and only you have the ability to start thread in it.

pbsmind

Post by pbsmind »

I really like this idea!! I've always wanted to do something with a book club/discussion group, but there are always real meetings with set times and places and I always seem to have something else going on. This would mean I could finally participate!!
LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

The book of the month is:
Drumroll please-

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

The group is listed under book of the month, and the first session will begin Jan the 2nd. SO go buy the book, or check it out from your local library. What are you waiting for!
LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

The book of the month is:
Drumroll please-

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

The group is listed under book of the month, and the first session will begin Jan the 2nd. SO go buy the book, or check it out from your local library. What are you waiting for!
knightss

Post by knightss »

awesome. i bought it a few days ago and didn't read it yet =) i'm excited haha
DriftwoodJames

Post by DriftwoodJames »

This is a bloody brilliant idea!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”