Post Date of New Reviews

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post Date of New Reviews

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I was wondering if it's possible to bump a review once it's been officially accepted. For instance, I submitted a review on the 11th and it was posted on the 15th. I know I can find my own review easily on the Review Team Page or by searching, but I feel like people might get more replies and/or views if the newly accepted reviews are bumped somehow? Like just instead of it saying the post was created on the 11th, and therefore on the second page of the volunteer reviews forum by the time it is officially posted, it could somehow say it was posted on the 15th when it was accepted. Is that possible?
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I can certainly relate to your frustration. Sometimes there will be a long lag time in one of my reviews being published due to the author taking a very long time to approve the ending blurb. As a result, the review will be posted further down the page when it's published.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Oh, I completely understand why it takes a while to get the review published! There are so many reviews and a lot of work being done behind the scenes. I was just wondering if there was a way to update the date to the date it's accepted or bump it to the top of the forum somehow. I know on previous forums I've been on, though on different servers, there was an option to bump topics up that way. I don't know how this server works though. Or if it's possible to have the person who approves them reply to them with some kind of standard acceptance blurb? I realize that could mean having to reconfigure how the number of replies affects reviewer scores, so that may be too much work. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there! Thank you for replying.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I often wondered this too, I suppose it depends if there is an option to change the date when the mods move it from the private forum to the public review forum.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”