Reading and writing for a review but have a PDF Question

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Reading and writing for a review but have a PDF Question

Post by Storygamer88 »

I signed up to read and review The Immigrant's Lament, which is a poem. The PDF I downloaded though has a collection of poems for The Immigrant's Lament and a few others like 'Watch' and 'Promises'.

I've read the first three poems already, but...

Should I read all the poems and review them all?

Or should I only read and review The Immigrant's Lament, which is the namesake and main poem?

Thanks! And sorry for the issue - I did look over the FAQ and some other documents but couldn't find the answer on this site.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Storygamer88 wrote:I signed up to read and review The Immigrant's Lament, which is a poem. The PDF I downloaded though has a collection of poems for The Immigrant's Lament and a few others like 'Watch' and 'Promises'.

I've read the first three poems already, but...

Should I read all the poems and review them all?

Or should I only read and review The Immigrant's Lament, which is the namesake and main poem?

Thanks! And sorry for the issue - I did look over the FAQ and some other documents but couldn't find the answer on this site.
Yes, you should read the entire collection and review it all.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Storygamer88

Post by Storygamer88 »

Thanks! Another question I have is what can I review books I've already read? For example, where do I post a review for Harry Potter book 1-3 if I wrote them? Am I allowed to post a review for anything, like Captain Underpants or One Piece?

Am I allowed to copy and paste a review I wrote from another site btw?
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Storygamer88 wrote:Thanks! Another question I have is what can I review books I've already read? For example, where do I post a review for Harry Potter book 1-3 if I wrote them? Am I allowed to post a review for anything, like Captain Underpants or One Piece?

Am I allowed to copy and paste a review I wrote from another site btw?
You can post about any book (though they don't count as official reviews, and shouldn't be labeled as such), but please check for existing topics before opening new ones, and post to existing ones when available. So, say you want to review Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, you should see if the book already has a thread open (which it no doubt does :lol: ), and add your review to that thread. :tiphat:

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Storygamer88

Post by Storygamer88 »

Hmm, even if it's not official, will it add to my review count/review score?

And which forum for example would I post a review of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in theory then?
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Storygamer88 wrote:Hmm, even if it's not official, will it add to my review count/review score?

And which forum for example would I post a review of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in theory then?
Unofficial reviews won't be added to your score.

It should be on the "Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books' Forum.

Please read this thread before opening new topics: opic Creation Guidelines
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”