Bookshelves

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 493
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: "Art of Peace by Collective Wisdom" by Davita
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Bookshelves

Post by Miriam Molina » 31 May 2017, 11:13

I added a book that had a wrong title and another with the author's name misspelled. Now they're stuck in my shelves. Is there some way to delete them?

The edit option only allows moving the books to other shelves. Or is there another edit function that I am missing?

I actually moved the offending books to my Not Interested shelf and hid them haha.

gali
Site Admin
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 40
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
Bookshelf Size: 1786
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 31 May 2017, 13:18

Miriam Molina wrote:I added a book that had a wrong title and another with the author's name misspelled. Now they're stuck in my shelves. Is there some way to delete them?

The edit option only allows moving the books to other shelves. Or is there another edit function that I am missing?

I actually moved the offending books to my Not Interested shelf and hid them haha.
You should report it via the shelves and a mod will edit them.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 493
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: "Art of Peace by Collective Wisdom" by Davita
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 31 May 2017, 15:33

Thanks Gali for the speedy reply.
Will do that.

-- 15 Aug 2017, 19:16 --

I have duplicate books in my shelves because of some minute differences between subtitles. This is especially true for books in a series. I've reported them for deletion but they are still there. Do I need to go another step? Thanks!

c2clark
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Currently Reading: Last Kiss Goodnight
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c2clark.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by c2clark » 19 Dec 2017, 19:25

I am having this issue too...

I added a few books to two different shelves on accident and now they are showing on both shelves. I wish there was an option to delete them...

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
2018 Reading Goal: 65
2017 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 78
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 876

Post by Gravy » 19 Dec 2017, 20:17

If you copy the url from the correct version (no typos, fits the preferred format (which can be found in the bookshelf FAQs)), and paste it into the "good book" option when reporting a book, it will be marked for merger. :tiphat:
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.

:reading-4:

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”