When do I share my review?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

When do I share my review?

Post by Jaime Lync »

Hello. I have noticed that there is an email sent to me when my book review is approved by a moderator or administrator and then another email when it has been published. Do I have to wait for the email confirming that it was published before I can share it on social media sites like Facebook?
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

Check the tab History at the top of your page, that tells me everything about the reviews I have posted. There is an option to 'view review' I think once it is classed as published it is done and set to be shared :)
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Just to be clear, OBC official reviews are exclusive to OBC. You can "share" the link to the review, but not the actual entire review.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I am straight on that part Bookowolie but thanks for putting it out there. Right now I am wondering what's the maximum waiting time to receive notification if your approved review is being published or just counted as complete.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

It's usually only a few days. Since the editing system was modified a few days ago, the changes might have made the process a little longer at the moment.

-- 29 Mar 2017, 17:58 --

The other thing that can delay the process is the author's approval of the ending blurb (required for paid reviews). You can check the review status in your review history. If the author hasn't approved the review within one week, you can click on the link for Scott to approve it. You would first have to click on the ending blurb to do this.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”