Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Public Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Big Appearance Changes -- Bear with us!

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.

Re: Big Appearance Changes -- Bear with us!

Post Number:#31 by AlwaysWorthIt
» 02 Apr 2017, 15:12

I am looking forward to the changes. I was reading a review about this site when I decided to make my way over. However, when I arrived I was almost pushed away due to the template of the page. It seemed outdated and I wasn't sure how active it was. I'm glad I decided to stay. I believe an upgrade will bring in more attention.
AlwaysWorthIt's Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith
AlwaysWorthIt

Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 66%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#32 by Wasif Ahmed
» 02 Apr 2017, 18:14

@Scott , I have one issue with the new template, as a matter of fact. When I try to select a book for review from my Review Team Page, I can only see the book cover and the review payout. When I open this page on my laptop, it is better with the books showing the book name and the page number.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Wasif Ahmed's Latest Review: "Maram" by DR.Abdulrahman Saied Abubaker
Wasif Ahmed

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 200 Books
Goal Completion: 22%

Post Number:#33 by bookowlie
» 02 Apr 2017, 19:16

Wasif Ahmed wrote:@Scott , I have one issue with the new template, as a matter of fact. When I try to select a book for review from my Review Team Page, I can only see the book cover and the review payout. When I open this page on my laptop, it is better with the books showing the book name and the page number.

I also have found the new Review Selection page hard to get used to. If I look at the review book list on my iPhone, I can only see the covers and payout amounts. The titles and page numbers can only be seen on my tablet or desktop. Also, since the covers take up a lot more space vertically on any device, the screen shows fewer books. As a result, it takes longer to scroll through the list.
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie's Latest Review: "Still Shot" by N. L. Quatrano
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 51%

Post Number:#34 by Scott
» 03 Apr 2017, 13:40

AlwaysWorthIt wrote:I am looking forward to the changes. I was reading a review about this site when I decided to make my way over. However, when I arrived I was almost pushed away due to the template of the page. It seemed outdated and I wasn't sure how active it was. I'm glad I decided to stay. I believe an upgrade will bring in more attention.

@"AlwaysWorthIt" The update was last month and has already occurred :/

If you have some specific suggestions about what to change and how to change it (i.e. what to make it be instead), please let me know. Your feedback is appreciated.

---

bookowlie wrote:
Wasif Ahmed wrote:@Scott , I have one issue with the new template, as a matter of fact. When I try to select a book for review from my Review Team Page, I can only see the book cover and the review payout. When I open this page on my laptop, it is better with the books showing the book name and the page number.

I also have found the new Review Selection page hard to get used to. If I look at the review book list on my iPhone, I can only see the covers and payout amounts. The titles and page numbers can only be seen on my tablet or desktop. Also, since the covers take up a lot more space vertically on any device, the screen shows fewer books. As a result, it takes longer to scroll through the list.

@bookowlie @"Wasif Ahmed"

Thank you for your feedback. Needless to say, there is a much less space to use on mobile, so some things will have to be eliminated in comparison to the desktop version. The desktop version will always be able to have much more on each page than mobile.

For the Select tab on the Review Team Page, there are 4 columns in the table. (1) Cover, (2) Title/Author/Genre, (3) Payment, (4) Formats.

At the time of your previous comments, only #2 was hidden on mobile so the table could fit on mobile. The other 3 all should have been showing. I notice neither of you mentioned 'formats', so my guess is that the column may not be seen as being useful information. That makes sense, considering formats can be set in the Preferences, so one should only be since books are are in a preferred format anyway.

I have changed the page so that the formats list is hidden on mobile, and the other data including the title and page count are displayed instead.

I noticed a small stylesheet error that could have caused the book covers to be stretched vertically out of proportion, so that may have been the problem there. I fixed that. In any case, the added title, genre, and word count data is taller than the cover images now so the cover image size won't have the effect of reducing the number of books seen without having to scroll anymore.

Please do let me know if you have any more feedback or suggestions for improvement.

I only have one set of eyes, and only happen to see so many of the millions of pages on the website, and things can display very differently on different devices, computers, browsers, and so on. So please do let me know is hard to use or navigate.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Publishing Contest ~ 960 Votes ~ View Scott's Entry
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 202 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Nook Simple
Goal Completion: 19%

Post Number:#35 by bookowlie
» 03 Apr 2017, 14:00

I appreciate the help. It's still a nicely designed page and, more importantly, there are a lot of books to choose from. :)
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie's Latest Review: "Still Shot" by N. L. Quatrano
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 51%

Post Number:#36 by CatInTheHat
» 03 Apr 2017, 18:39

Wasif Ahmed wrote:The new featured reviews page is also looking really better. 👌👌

I think that's my favorite part of the update.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.
CatInTheHat's Latest Review: "The Black shadow" by Teddy Sabutey
CatInTheHat

Currently Reading: Split Second
Bookshelf Size: 395 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 42%

Post Number:#37 by AlwaysWorthIt
» 04 Apr 2017, 14:03

I'm sorry I had no idea. Being new, I wasn't sure what it looked like before. I guess being new everything is a little more difficult to navigate. I'll get used to it I'm sure.
It's Always Worth the Read.
AlwaysWorthIt's Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith
AlwaysWorthIt

Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 66%

Previous