What about going mobile-friendly?

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
george_bass
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
2017 Reading Goal: 0

What about going mobile-friendly?

Post by george_bass » 07 Sep 2016, 15:04

Hi there,

I take the train on a regular basis, and you know what? I really enjoy browsing the Web from my mobile device. :techie-studyingbrown:

What a pity that this web site won't display very well on such devices. :(

Are you currently considering any mobile-friendly update? :D

Regards, :tiphat:

SandraTWP-BRW
Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
2017 Reading Goal: 0

Post by SandraTWP-BRW » 07 Sep 2016, 16:00

Going mobile would be awesome.

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Into the Drowning Deep
Bookshelf Size: 828
2017 Reading Goal: 60
Goal Completion: 103

Post by Gravy » 07 Sep 2016, 20:18

I believe there is an app being worked on :tiphat:
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

:reading-4:

alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: vertea's revenge
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW
2017 Reading Goal: 120
Goal Completion: 15

Post by alwaysdaddygirl » 10 Sep 2016, 22:31

It depends on which device you have. Apple phone works. Cut and paste work but too many steps to complete.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " Winston Churchill

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability."
Robert M. Hensel

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
Currently Reading: Shot Down: The True Story of Pilot Howard Snyder and the Crew of The B-17 Susan Ruth
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
2017 Reading Goal: 36
Goal Completion: 27
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 2660

Post by Scott » 18 Mar 2017, 13:37

I have created a Kickstarter campaign to make an OnlineBookClub.org mobile app.

You will not be charged unless we reach our goal.

The great thing about Kickstarter is it costs you absolutely nothing to pledge. The project only gets funded if it reaches its goal. So enough other people also have to think the project is a good idea for your pledge to come into play. This protects you from donating to a failing cause.

So please go to the Kickstarter and pledge now.

Thank you!
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”