Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Reviewing an unpublished book?

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

If you have a question, problem, or suggestion regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.

Reviewing an unpublished book?

Post Number:#1 by JSPublishing
» 05 Sep 2016, 10:29

Hi,

We're currently in the process of setting up a publishing company and have an excellent book to start off with. My question is whether we can have the book reviewed via your site when it isn't actually on sale anywhere just yet?

We're expecting the book to be live online in about a month on Amazon once everything is set up but if we went for your level 4 package, then we wouldn't want our 2 months featured status to go live when the book isn't for sale yet.

Essentially, is there a way for us to get in the queue now and get a review under way with the option of delaying the review being published on your site until we have it available to sell? Or should we wait until the book is available to sell first before applying for a review and lose the impetus we want to create on the first day when the book is published?

Additionally, the book falls in the Fiction, Dark Fantasy / horror genre. How do we ensure that we get a reviewer that likes this kind of book? Someone who enjoys romance books would certainly not enjoy this book and that might influence their rating.

I hope this all makes sense?

Thanks,

Andy
Jump Start Publishing
JSPublishing

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Reviewing an unpublished book?

Post Number:#2 by gali
» 05 Sep 2016, 10:43

JSPublishing wrote:Hi,

We're currently in the process of setting up a publishing company and have an excellent book to start off with. My question is whether we can have the book reviewed via your site when it isn't actually on sale anywhere just yet?

We're expecting the book to be live online in about a month on Amazon once everything is set up but if we went for your level 4 package, then we wouldn't want our 2 months featured status to go live when the book isn't for sale yet.

Essentially, is there a way for us to get in the queue now and get a review under way with the option of delaying the review being published on your site until we have it available to sell? Or should we wait until the book is available to sell first before applying for a review and lose the impetus we want to create on the first day when the book is published?

Additionally, the book falls in the Fiction, Dark Fantasy / horror genre. How do we ensure that we get a reviewer that likes this kind of book? Someone who enjoys romance books would certainly not enjoy this book and that might influence their rating.

I hope this all makes sense?

Thanks,

Andy
Jump Start Publishing

Welcome! Please contact @"Scott", the web master, about this. Good luck! :tiphat:

Contact Scott Page
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: The Long Walk
Bookshelf Size: 1611 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 37%

Post Number:#3 by JSPublishing
» 05 Sep 2016, 10:52

I've private messaged him now. Do you want me to post the response I get here as I believe it might help other members?

Thanks
JSPublishing

Post Number:#4 by gali
» 05 Sep 2016, 11:01

JSPublishing wrote:I've private messaged him now. Do you want me to post the response I get here as I believe it might help other members?

Thanks

Good. :)

You better ask him about that. :tiphat:
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: The Long Walk
Bookshelf Size: 1611 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 37%

Post Number:#5 by Ashley 1820
» 05 Sep 2016, 11:39

good luck! :tiphat:
Ashley 1820

Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 20 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#6 by Paul Henry Johnson
» 19 Apr 2017, 14:00

I'm a retiring attorney that has just finished his first western novel - It's unpublished. I'm trying to decide on a traditional publisher or self-publish (I'm looking at Fulton Publishing). My thought was to obtain 3 or 4 independent reviews before pubishing, which, if favorable could be used in soliciting a publisher or using portions for my back-cover.

So... Does my thinking make sense or should I publish and then obtain reviews?

I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments

Thank you,
Paul Henry Johnson
Paul Henry Johnson