Possibly getting an App

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
MrsGreenApple
Currently Reading: The Infinite Atonement
Bookshelf Size: 208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsgreenapple.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Re: Possibly getting an App

Post by MrsGreenApple »

I love this idea! Getting an app would help so much because I’ve always felt like they’re easier to use and navigate. I didn’t know that they had attempted to do this previously. I hope some day it can work out and the idea hasn’t been tossed away.
Fasmin
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

MrsCatInTheHat wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 17:44
male_azarke wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 14:40 I agree it's a pity that the Kickstarter has failed. An app would make things so much easier! I hope they try to design it again one day.
I don't think there has been a Kickstarter for this.

There has been. Scott said so and provided a link. So, if it's failed IS the app still being developed.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Suzer6440 xyz
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Lived
Currently Reading: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores)
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: How My Brain Works by Dr. Barbara Koltuska-Haskin

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Omg,! An app would be awesome. But if you visit the site enough, it will come up first thing on your phone or iPad as the place you frequently go to.
angelmuktar
2021 Reading Goal: 5
Currently Reading: The Binding Stone
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by angelmuktar »

I completely agree with this comment! When I first signed up, I instantly went to look up this site in the Apple store. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that they did not have an app. There are so many reasons for this site to have an app, but one of the main reasons for me, personally, would that it would be so much easier to download my books on my phone or tablet and just carry them around with me whenever I am on the go.
Do not get me wrong, I love having it on my laptop. But for someone who does not own a Kindle, my phone is the closest thing I have to a portable book:)
Liveforchrist51
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

An App would be absolutely awesome! I get this site several times a day to do forums or check my score. It would be great to just have to click on an app.
Jessica Harrison 1
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-harrison-1.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by Jessica Harrison 1 »

Mbarnes wrote: 14 Jul 2016, 17:43 So far I have really enjoyed being a part of this site and getting to see all of the ins and outs of it. My only thing is that I dont like having to continuosly go to the internet to get to the website. I think it would be extremly cool to have an app that can be downloaded accross the board on different devices. I know that the most popular in my opinion are android, Iphones, and kindles. I personally own a kindle and I believe that having an app would make it more appealing to get into the sight and get things done.
Yes! I just joined online book club and I've been thinking I would *love* an app so I don't have to keep going to my laptop. I've tried using the website on my phone through my internet browser but it just doesn't work very well.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”