Email Verification Help

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
nataliefrantz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Email Verification Help

Post by nataliefrantz »

Hi! I got the email and clicked on the link to confirm, I tried multiple times, but when I go to select a book to review/read, it still tells me I need to verify my email before I can select a book. Not sure what to do now!

Thanks,
Natalie
Dydo21
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Dydo21 »

I’ve tried everything And Still have’nt revieved the verification email. I don’t think it’s a problem with my email since I’ve been recieving all of my regular mail. I still recieved the book of the day email before the update too. What else can I try?
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

bookowlie wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 10:28 Since the latest system update, I have been receiving email updates on a delayed basis - several hours later and sometimes the next day. This morning I can't do the BOTD giveaway because a message says my emails have bounced. Please help as my carryover entries are over 500 and I am very close to winning a gift card.
@bookowlie The problem is with your email provider. The emails are being sent, but they are the ones bouncing the emails. You will need to contact AOL about the issue.

The issue of the emails appearing delayed is actually from them sometimes being automatically re-sent by OnlineBookClub.org after being bounced by your email provider.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

Just yesterday I stopped receiving the BOTD emails. I have tried to do the reverify process multiple times but am not getting the email. Not in my spam or junk folder. I even updated to a different email address. Not having problems getting other emails. Yahoo says not an issue on their side.
gblittle

Post by gblittle »

Hi, I got the verification email however it is not processing and letting me select a book to review (on the review team page). Every time I close down and reopen the page, it prompts me to verify, but I have not received another verification email (despite following steps 1-4 from this post). Please let me know what I can do. Thanks!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I am also suddenly not receiving OBC emails to my email account. A have pushed that resend tab several times and I have not received a verification email. I do not believe this is an AOL problem, because I've been getting the emails every day for over a month. I have sent in a query to them, but do not expect to hear back immediatly. I suspect that if we can't get the issue resolved in four days, we lose all of the reviewer points related to the BOD giveaway, which does not seem fair since I do not believe there is a problem on my end. Again, I was receiving emails perfectly until today. Is there a way that I can simply unsubscribe and re-subsbscribe to the BOD giveaway? Possibly with a different email address? This might be a process that should be changed so we can access the BOD giveaway directly from the website, not through a link that may or may not make it into our mailboxes.
Lynerd1945

Post by Lynerd1945 »

I have clicked the verify email link 3 times and each time I am told I can't select until I verify my email. Now what? :(

Lynerd1945
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

Have the verification email resent. There should be a resend button on the appropriate page.

Response: Done. No verification email resent.

Double-check your spam/junk folder.

Response: Done. No email about verification from OBC on it.

Double-check your email address is correct. It should be listed near the resend button.
Response: Email address is correct.

Add <EMAIL email="[email protected]">[email protected]</EMAIL> to your whitelist or approved senders, etc.
Response: done

Contact your email provider about the problem. Since we may have never emailed you before, your email provider may be blocking the email by mistake. Most email providers put these emails into a special folder for suspected junk/spam, but some email providers are much less user-friendly and just delete the emails without notice to you.

Response: Not yet done because I got the book of the day emails today for the 14th and 15th of July, but no verification email. if I do not get an email by the end of today, I will contact them.

Switch email providers. Ours is probably not the only email you are missing.

Response: I will if the problem persists. Thanks.

Please help. I don't want to lose my BOTD bonus entries.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

IMPORTANT: Please note in the first post in this topic where it says in bold print "When replying, to get help you must explain what happened when you tried all the steps above, AND you must include what your email provider said about the issue when you asked them about the issue."

You must include what your email provider said about the issue.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1031
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

So, I literally finished today's BotD entries no more than an hour ago, and now I'm being told on the website that I "unsubscribed from the BotD emails". No, I most definitely did NOT unsubscribe, nor did I unsubscribe a few days ago. So now I've hit the Verification button at least 3x and not gotten the email yet. To verify the steps you say to take:

Have the verification email resent. There should be a resend button on the appropriate page.
- DONE 3 times. Email not received.

Double-check your spam/junk folder.
- DONE. Email not in that folder.

Double-check your email address is correct. It should be listed near the resend button.
- DONE, not that I changed the email in the last 60 minutes, and it's been good for the last several months.

Add [email protected] to your whitelist or approved senders, etc.
- DONE. Email still not received, even in spam folder.

Contact your email provider about the problem. Since we may have never emailed you before, your email provider may be blocking the email by mistake. Most email providers put these emails into a special folder for suspected junk/spam, but some email providers are much less user-friendly and just delete the emails without notice to you.
- DONE. I HAVE been receiving email from you for over a year now and it hadn't been an issue until the website "update." I'm also not missing any other mail and have received all three test emails I had sent from other sources, plus no less than 6 emails in the last hour. Also, Yahoo says it's NOT on their end!*

Switch email providers. Ours is probably not the only email you are missing.
- I'd rather not. And again, it hasn't been an issue for the last year-plus, and I'm NOT missing any other email.

Post a reply in this topic explaining the steps you have taken to resolve the issue, especially in regard to step 5. I will do my best to help you.
- DONE.

*To quote Yahoo:
Check if your account has any errors
Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on a computer and send yourself an email.
(Did that as noted above)

If you get an error - address that to fix the issue.
If you don't get an error - your account is working as expected.
(No error received, so my "account is working as expected.")

Check your account settings
These settings can prevent email from getting to your Inbox:
-Spam folder - Check your spam folder to see if the email was incorrectly marked.
-Blocked address - The sender may have been blocked by mistake.
-Email filters - Check your filters to see if the email could've arrived in another folder.
-Reply-to address - Make sure your reply-to address is blank.
(Did all of the above, as noted above)

Have the sender check their account
(Doing that now)
If you didn't find anything wrong with your account, then the issue is on the sender's side.
Last edited by MsTri on 17 Jul 2018, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

MsTri wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 12:07- DONE. I HAVE been receiving email from you for over a year now and it hadn't been an issue until the website "update." I'm also not missing any other mail and have received all three test emails I had sent from other sources, plus no less than 6 emails in the last hour. Also, Yahoo says it's NOT on their end!
The issue is on Yahoo's end. I have copied of the bounce messages they have sent. Please forward to me the message they sent you stating the error was not on their end. I will PM you a good email address to which to forward the message from Yahoo.

MsTri

Post by MsTri »

I don't know how to message Yahoo directly, so I'll see if I can find out how, but their Help pages say as I quoted above:
Check if your account has any errors
Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on a computer and send yourself an email.
(Did that as noted above)

If you get an error - address that to fix the issue.
If you don't get an error - your account is working as expected.
(No error received, so my "account is working as expected.")

Check your account settings
These settings can prevent email from getting to your Inbox:
-Spam folder - Check your spam folder to see if the email was incorrectly marked.
-Blocked address - The sender may have been blocked by mistake.
-Email filters - Check your filters to see if the email could've arrived in another folder.
-Reply-to address - Make sure your reply-to address is blank.
(Did all of the above, as noted above)

Have the sender check their account
(Doing that now)
If you didn't find anything wrong with your account, then the issue is on the sender's side.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

@MsTri I don't understand. Did you contact Yahoo or not?

MsTri

Post by MsTri »

I don't know how to message or contact Yahoo directly, so I'll see if I can find out how. Meanwhile, I still have the verification email from two days ago, so I used that to reverify my account and will use it any time I need to unless it expires.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Please contact the email provider directly and then post the response they give.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”