Non payment when you give Scott Hughes's book a bad review (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Lyndi Wright
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Non payment when you give Scott Hughes's book a bad review (Resolved)

Post by Lyndi Wright »

So I paid $28 for the book "In it Together" by Eckart Aurelius Hughes which I find is the pen name of Scott Hughes who also happens to be the creator of online book club. Online Book Club offered $100 to review this book. After reading 100's if not thousands of spiritual and personal growth books, I found this one not so great, and gave it a score of 2 out of 5. After months of no information, I check on the review and apparently there was a discrepancy on the use of foul language in my review. I was on vacation when I got this update, and no where near the book. Yes, I got email reminders, but after being on vacation, I've spent numerous days in the hospital and unfortunately between kids, my business, and health challenges, I never responded. Now, I check my account to see that I am banned and the only way to lift the ban is by connecting my Facebook account to this website?? What??? I'm pretty sure this was just a scam to get people to buy his book, with any reason possible not to pay the $100. And how interesting is it, that any bad review for this book is not published, only good ones. How convenient. What a waste of time, money, and internet space. Curious if anyone else has had the creator of Online Book Club not pay out on his own bad reviews???

LW
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Lyndi Wright wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 20:51 So I paid $28 for the book "In it Together" by Eckart Aurelius Hughes which I find is the pen name of Scott Hughes who also happens to be the creator of online book club. Online Book Club offered $100 to review this book. After reading 100's if not thousands of spiritual and personal growth books, I found this one not so great, and gave it a score of 2 out of 5. After months of no information, I check on the review and apparently there was a discrepancy on the use of foul language in my review. I was on vacation when I got this update, and no where near the book. Yes, I got email reminders, but after being on vacation, I've spent numerous days in the hospital and unfortunately between kids, my business, and health challenges, I never responded. Now, I check my account to see that I am banned and the only way to lift the ban is by connecting my Facebook account to this website?? What??? I'm pretty sure this was just a scam to get people to buy his book, with any reason possible not to pay the $100. And how interesting is it, that any bad review for this book is not published, only good ones. How convenient. What a waste of time, money, and internet space. Curious if anyone else has had the creator of Online Book Club not pay out on his own bad reviews???

LW
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. From the description you gave above, it appears you were not paid because you submitted an inaccurate PRQ. If the PRQ is inaccurate, the review will not be published or paid as it suggests either you did not read the book or you only skim-read it. This has absolutely nothing to do with the rating of the book or the author of the book. If you submit an inaccurate PRQ for any book, the review will be rejected and you may even get banned from the review team.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Lyndi Wright
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Lyndi Wright »

Nope, I read the book in its entirety, wrote a complete review that at one point they asked for my PayPal info. So that is not true. But when I told them I didn’t think I was wrong in the foul language area, but needed to actually see the book and my notes, now I’m locked out. This was clearly a process just to get people to buy his book, from Barnes & Noble, and rank up on good reviews, dismissing the bad ones. Find a bad review on this site or any other about this book, you can’t. I wonder why that is??
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Lyndi Wright wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 08:04 Nope, I read the book in its entirety, wrote a complete review that at one point they asked for my PayPal info. So that is not true. But when I told them I didn’t think I was wrong in the foul language area, but needed to actually see the book and my notes, now I’m locked out. This was clearly a process just to get people to buy his book, from Barnes & Noble, and rank up on good reviews, dismissing the bad ones. Find a bad review on this site or any other about this book, you can’t. I wonder why that is??
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Based on the message, it sounds like the PRQ dispute requested screenshots of the profanity you noticed in the book after marking that you were sure you were correct. Did you provide screenshots of the profane terms as requested?

If you were banned from the review team, please follow the instructions in the ban notice to appeal the ban. If those instructions are not clear or confusing, please post a screenshot of the ban notice so we can advise further.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This site is a scam and should be shutdown. After I followed every instructions in writing my reviews, you guys withheld my payments claiming I didn’t follow rule 8 of your guidelines which I did. I clearly stated in my preferences that I don’t leave Amazon reviews and these books that requested for this special didn’t state it in their descriptions. I regret wasting my time here. I will make an official report about this site.
Melisa Jane
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Mhiz Vyi Vyan wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 09:32 This site is a scam and should be shutdown. After I followed every instructions in writing my reviews, you guys withheld my payments claiming I didn’t follow rule 8 of your guidelines which I did. I clearly stated in my preferences that I don’t leave Amazon reviews and these books that requested for this special didn’t state it in their descriptions. I regret wasting my time here. I will make an official report about this site.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. When you selected the book for review, the book description was sent to your email. Please send a screenshot of the book description and I'll advise further.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen

~ Scott Hughes
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

How do I send the screenshot?
smartgirlchic
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by smartgirlchic »

I have had the EXACT same issue. Same claims as above. I PAID for this book and read it. Then I ALSO got jacked around. It started with you all claiming I made a mistake when I said there was a misspelled word (it was in fact, a made up word). Then you told me I was wrong about there being no profanity. Then you accepted my review and the status was pending (for sending me payment) but once you got close to the deadline for payment you decided to once again complain about the profanity...AFTER IT WAS RESOLVED. I doubt anyone was paid for this review. This is absolutely a scam to get people to buy your book and falsely raise its ranks.

I have reported this issue to Amazon and Barnes and Noble. You guys are also being slammed on other review sites. Pages and pages and pages of angry reviewers who all have the exact same story. You guys seriously suck eggs.
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. It appears that this topic is full of complains, not inquiries. If you submitted an inaccurate PRQ, then the review will be rejected because it shows you did not read the book. This is a universal rule, and it does not just apply to Scott's book. I'm locking this topic.

Thank you.
Melissa.

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”