Defining "quickly" (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Curtis Jefferson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
2024 Reading Goal: 104
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Defining "quickly" (Resolved)

Post by Curtis Jefferson »

In the notes for new members it says the following:
A flagged post will not be blocked completely but rather held for moderation. We will review the post and approve or disapprove it quickly.
It is normal to be waiting over a week for posts to be approved through the moderation queue? That doesn't seem to me to be "quickly" and it is extremely off-putting to someone who wants to get involved and engaged in the site and the forums. Getting ready to move on at this point since it seems like it's not worth my time to stick around. Just being honest.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Curtis Jefferson wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 16:37 In the notes for new members it says the following:
A flagged post will not be blocked completely but rather held for moderation. We will review the post and approve or disapprove it quickly.
It is normal to be waiting over a week for posts to be approved through the moderation queue? That doesn't seem to me to be "quickly" and it is extremely off-putting to someone who wants to get involved and engaged in the site and the forums. Getting ready to move on at this point since it seems like it's not worth my time to stick around. Just being honest.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Please be a little more patient as moderators work on approving pending posts. After you've had more than 10 posts, your posts will no longer be held for moderation.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Official Reviewer Representative
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Curtis Jefferson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
2024 Reading Goal: 104
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Curtis Jefferson »

I would suggest updating the language provided in the instructions to new users, as I note that even in the response here there was no expectation provided for how long said approvals should/could/might take. When it says posts will be approved "quickly" I would expect 24-48 hours, 72 hours max. When I'm told "quickly" and that amount of time goes by, I know I'm left wondering if a) I did something wrong or b) the site just doesn't care about prioritizing its new users/posters. I fully appreciate the moderators are doing their best to keep up, but more than a week (and counting...as I note I still have posts more than a week old that appear to not have been touched) is not "quick" and changing the instructions and wording would better manage expectations.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”