Delete a post [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Joy Max
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-max.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott

Delete a post [resolved]

Post by Joy Max »

I made a post in one of the forums asking a question. When I made the post, I was using a different username. Now, when I search that name on Google this post shows up and I don't like that. I tried changing my username, but one of the moderators quoted my post when they were replying my post, so the quote still has that name and it still shows up on Google when I search the name. I really do not like this, and I want to know if there's anything that can be done about this problem.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Joy Max wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 17:30 I made a post in one of the forums asking a question. When I made the post, I was using a different username. Now, when I search that name on Google this post shows up and I don't like that. I tried changing my username, but one of the moderators quoted my post when they were replying my post, so the quote still has that name and it still shows up on Google when I search the name. I really do not like this, and I want to know if there's anything that can be done about this problem.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please attach a link to the post in question?

Thanks.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Joy Max
Currently Reading:

Post by Joy Max »

Melissa Jane wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 02:51
Joy Max wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 17:30 I made a post in one of the forums asking a question. When I made the post, I was using a different username. Now, when I search that name on Google this post shows up and I don't like that. I tried changing my username, but one of the moderators quoted my post when they were replying my post, so the quote still has that name and it still shows up on Google when I search the name. I really do not like this, and I want to know if there's anything that can be done about this problem.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please attach a link to the post in question?

Thanks.
Melissa.
I tried to send the link, but I'm not allowed to post URL links on this forum.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Joy Max wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 12:16 I tried to send the link, but I'm not allowed to post URL links on this forum.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Since you are unable to post the link here, can you provide the title of the forum post and which forum it was posted in?
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Joy Max
Currently Reading:

Post by Joy Max »

Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 14:28
Joy Max wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 12:16 I tried to send the link, but I'm not allowed to post URL links on this forum.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Since you are unable to post the link here, can you provide the title of the forum post and which forum it was posted in?
The title is name verification problem and it's in the public suggestion box.
Kaitlyn Canedy

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Joy Max wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 05:41 The title is name verification problem and it's in the public suggestion box.
Hi,

Thank you for letting me know. I have found the post and changed the username in each quoted post to the one you are using now.

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Joy Max
Currently Reading:

Post by Joy Max »

Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 13:10
Joy Max wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 05:41 The title is name verification problem and it's in the public suggestion box.
Hi,

Thank you for letting me know. I have found the post and changed the username in each quoted post to the one you are using now.

The post I still showing up when I search that name. I think it's because I mentioned the name in the fifth post of that topic, and that fifth post I quoted in the sixth post. Please could you delete the fifth and sixth posts there?
Kaitlyn Canedy

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Joy Max wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 14:38
Hi,

Thank you for letting me know. I just now edited the post to remove the old information.

Joy Max
Currently Reading:

Post by Joy Max »

Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 16:26
Joy Max wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 14:38
Hi,

Thank you for letting me know. I just now edited the post to remove the old information.

The fifth and sixth posts of the name verification problem topic still have that name that I'm trying to remove, so the topic still shows up when I search that name. I'm really sorry about all this, but it's very important that that topic does not show up when that name is searched.
Kaitlyn Canedy

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Joy Max wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 10:46 The fifth and sixth posts of the name verification problem topic still have that name that I'm trying to remove, so the topic still shows up when I search that name. I'm really sorry about all this, but it's very important that that topic does not show up when that name is searched.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I just read through the whole post again, and I have edited out anything and everything related to the old name. I did a reverse search of the old name on our website and cannot find anything relating to the old name. Please note that if the old name appears on other sites, we have no control over this.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”