Payment Verification [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Payment Verification [resolved]

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

Hi there. I have a few suggestions and questions regarding the newly introduced payment verification. I appreciate the work put into making this site better for all users. However, this update poses an issue for my already existing reviews. For example, I read a book on kindle unlimited whose blurb has been approved but the review has not marked. I was asked to provide proof of purchase for this. I do not know how to go about it. The other two reviews are books purchased on Amazon kindle, but these purchases were made on an account not belonging to me as I share a kindle account with a friend. I also do not know how to get the name to match my username even though the purchases have been made. I suggest, if I am not overstepping my boundaries and plead that the order ID be used, just like I did with the BOTM verification. My order ID is still unique with to only my purchase and can stand as proof too. I also wanted to ask about books purchased on other platforms. Since the requirement did not particularly state that I should purchase the book from a particular place, I use several reading apps, some with a subscription and some where I buy books on too. How am I to go about this too? Am I to use only Amazon? I would also like to suggest that our current purchases be allowed seeing that we were not informed earlier about the update. Thank you for giving me room to air my opinions.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Chris Alex Powell wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 15:20 Hi there. I have a few suggestions and questions regarding the newly introduced payment verification. I appreciate the work put into making this site better for all users. However, this update poses an issue for my already existing reviews. For example, I read a book on kindle unlimited whose blurb has been approved but the review has not marked. I was asked to provide proof of purchase for this. I do not know how to go about it. The other two reviews are books purchased on Amazon kindle, but these purchases were made on an account not belonging to me as I share a kindle account with a friend. I also do not know how to get the name to match my username even though the purchases have been made. I suggest, if I am not overstepping my boundaries and plead that the order ID be used, just like I did with the BOTM verification. My order ID is still unique with to only my purchase and can stand as proof too. I also wanted to ask about books purchased on other platforms. Since the requirement did not particularly state that I should purchase the book from a particular place, I use several reading apps, some with a subscription and some where I buy books on too. How am I to go about this too? Am I to use only Amazon? I would also like to suggest that our current purchases be allowed seeing that we were not informed earlier about the update. Thank you for giving me room to air my opinions.
Hi Alex,
And thank you for the message. I am sorry, but I am not sure I understood your suggestion; would you like to suggest that the purchases before this change would not need to be verified? Or was there something else that I missed?

Thanks for the clarification, and have a lovely day,
Kirsi
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

Yes, that is my suggestion. Normally, when a new law is made, it only applies from the date the law was enforced and made known and does not affect events before then. Right now, using myself as an example, there is nothing that can be done about books I have already purchased on the Amazon which I currently have or on other platforms. Seeing that this was not a requirement when I selected the book for review, I do not know what to do.
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Chris Alex Powell wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 14:13 Yes, that is my suggestion. Normally, when a new law is made, it only applies from the date the law was enforced and made known and does not affect events before then. Right now, using myself as an example, there is nothing that can be done about books I have already purchased on the Amazon which I currently have or on other platforms. Seeing that this was not a requirement when I selected the book for review, I do not know what to do.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will pass it on.

Wishing you a lovely day,
Kirsi

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”