Suggestion to add Reviews of the Day. [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Joy Max
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-max.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott

Suggestion to add Reviews of the Day. [resolved]

Post by Joy Max »

I think that the admins should consider adding a new feature that I call reviews of the day. This means that if a review that got an editor score of 87-100 gets published, it will be featured on the home page for 24 hours after its publication. I think that this will boost the motivation of reviewers and help the authors of the books reviewed. I, for one, will be more inclined to buy a book that got three or four stars from a top-notch reviewer.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Fortune Max-Eguakun wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 04:27 I think that the admins should consider adding a new feature that I call reviews of the day. This means that if a review that got an editor score of 87-100 gets published, it will be featured on the home page for 24 hours after its publication. I think that this will boost the motivation of reviewers and help the authors of the books reviewed. I, for one, will be more inclined to buy a book that got three or four stars from a top-notch reviewer.
Hi there,

And thank you for the interesting suggestion. Who knows what the future will bring.

Wishing you a lovely day,
Kirsi
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

This sounds like such a great idea! I absolutely agree.
Melisa Jane
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Fortune Max-Eguakun wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 04:27 I think that the admins should consider adding a new feature that I call reviews of the day. This means that if a review that got an editor score of 87-100 gets published, it will be featured on the home page for 24 hours after its publication. I think that this will boost the motivation of reviewers and help the authors of the books reviewed. I, for one, will be more inclined to buy a book that got three or four stars from a top-notch reviewer.
Hi.

Thank you for the suggestion. However, whether a review is featured on the home page or not depends on the review packages the author selected. If you'd like to read reviews by established reviewers, kindly read the official reviews. The reviews featured on the home page are also usually written by established reviewers.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I don't see any reason we couldn't add a "best rated reviewed" section or such to the homepage, below the featured reviews, and/or on its own page.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

Scott wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 20:22 I don't see any reason we couldn't add a "best rated reviewed" section or such to the homepage, below the featured reviews, and/or on its own page.

That's a great idea. I can only imagine the confidence boost I'd get if I find something I worked on there. :tiphat:
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”