New review team page

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

ejcogan
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Favorite Book: Once Burned
Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
fav_author_id: 3311

New review team page

Post by ejcogan »

I am really digging the new review team page! It is so much easier to navigate. Thanks Scott! It was worth the wait.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

It is indeed great! Well done, Scott! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

I like the layout of the new page but when I go to select/update I get a message that says I cannot select until pending reviews are approved. I'm confused because on my reviewer page I see all of the reviews I have done are published there. Is there a glitch?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

sahmoun2778 wrote:I like the layout of the new page but when I go to select/update I get a message that says I cannot select until pending reviews are approved. I'm confused because on my reviewer page I see all of the reviews I have done are published there. Is there a glitch?
Probably. You should pm Scott about it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

sahmoun2778 wrote:I like the layout of the new page but when I go to select/update I get a message that says I cannot select until pending reviews are approved. I'm confused because on my reviewer page I see all of the reviews I have done are published there. Is there a glitch?
When I pulled up your history on the Review Team Page I saw 1 pending review. Are you sure the total number pending was 0 when you checked?

In any case, I have now marked that as not pending and confirmed you will be able to select a new book.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Thanks Scott.
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman »

I agree very easy to navigate. I also likr the RT tab at the top.
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo »

OK, I joined the review team about a week ago, and when I went to check my page and post my first review it said that I was banned. The reason stated said it was because I failed to answer numerous emails! I never received any emails! What should I do?
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html

Post by TLGabelman »

scquarantillo wrote:OK, I joined the review team about a week ago, and when I went to check my page and post my first review it said that I was banned. The reason stated said it was because I failed to answer numerous emails! I never received any emails! What should I do?
This is happening to most of us on the review team. I believe it is a bug we are waiting for Scott to comment and resolve. Dont fret :)
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
ejcogan

Post by ejcogan »

Okay. I'm glad I read this because I got the same message this morning when I logged on. I had just checked my email and went back after logging off here and I couldn't find any emails. I was on the verge of tears when I sent Scott a PM. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo »

ejcogan wrote:Okay. I'm glad I read this because I got the same message this morning when I logged on. I had just checked my email and went back after logging off here and I couldn't find any emails. I was on the verge of tears when I sent Scott a PM. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Thank god its not just me! I kept thinking what did I do? haha Thanks for writing me back. I appreciate your help and I'll hang in there until we've got it all figured out. :D :D
ejcogan

Post by ejcogan »

scquarantillo wrote:
ejcogan wrote:Okay. I'm glad I read this because I got the same message this morning when I logged on. I had just checked my email and went back after logging off here and I couldn't find any emails. I was on the verge of tears when I sent Scott a PM. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Thank god its not just me! I kept thinking what did I do? haha Thanks for writing me back. I appreciate your help and I'll hang in there until we've got it all figured out. :D :D
Hey there! I found another thread regarding this issue. It happened to a bunch of people. I just checked and was able to get back on so give it a try. :D
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

The bug mentioned in the previous few posts has been fixed, per the following topic: http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... =3&t=25414

Thank you!
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
jcheiser
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcheiser.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by jcheiser »

I have been getting unnecessary reminder emails and it is negatively affecting my reviewer score. Yesterday, I received an email saying that I hadn't updated my review in 2 days, and when I logged in, the page was still asking if I had successfully downloaded a working copy of the book (which I had and I had answered 'yes' to that a couple of weeks ago) and my reminder count went up. But I clicked on the 'yes, I have received a working copy of the book' link anyway. Then today, I received another email saying that I hadn't updated my review status in 1 day. 1 day!! And my reminder count went up again. If this were a glitch that were not affecting my score, it wouldn't be so bad, but it is and I really don't appreciate it. Is there any way to fix this and get my reminder count back to what it was so I don't lose any more points?
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

jcheiser wrote:I have been getting unnecessary reminder emails and it is negatively affecting my reviewer score. Yesterday, I received an email saying that I hadn't updated my review in 2 days, and when I logged in, the page was still asking if I had successfully downloaded a working copy of the book (which I had and I had answered 'yes' to that a couple of weeks ago) and my reminder count went up. But I clicked on the 'yes, I have received a working copy of the book' link anyway. Then today, I received another email saying that I hadn't updated my review status in 1 day. 1 day!! And my reminder count went up again. If this were a glitch that were not affecting my score, it wouldn't be so bad, but it is and I really don't appreciate it. Is there any way to fix this and get my reminder count back to what it was so I don't lose any more points?
I just had a similar thing happen to me this morning. I downloaded a book 2 days ago and updated my review status afterward. This morning I received a reminder email that my review status has not been updated in 1 day. I also sent Scott a PM about this issue.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”