New review team page

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
ejcogan
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Favorite Book: Once Burned
Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
fav_author_id: 3311

New review team page

Post by ejcogan » 31 Jan 2015, 13:14

I am really digging the new review team page! It is so much easier to navigate. Thanks Scott! It was worth the wait.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.

gali
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 36
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
Bookshelf Size: 1913
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 31 Jan 2015, 13:27

It is indeed great! Well done, Scott! :)
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 » 01 Feb 2015, 16:36

I like the layout of the new page but when I go to select/update I get a message that says I cannot select until pending reviews are approved. I'm confused because on my reviewer page I see all of the reviews I have done are published there. Is there a glitch?

gali
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 36
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
Bookshelf Size: 1913
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 01 Feb 2015, 23:29

sahmoun2778 wrote:I like the layout of the new page but when I go to select/update I get a message that says I cannot select until pending reviews are approved. I'm confused because on my reviewer page I see all of the reviews I have done are published there. Is there a glitch?
Probably. You should pm Scott about it.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Scott
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 19
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 7
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 2660

Post by Scott » 03 Feb 2015, 17:01

sahmoun2778 wrote:I like the layout of the new page but when I go to select/update I get a message that says I cannot select until pending reviews are approved. I'm confused because on my reviewer page I see all of the reviews I have done are published there. Is there a glitch?
When I pulled up your history on the Review Team Page I saw 1 pending review. Are you sure the total number pending was 0 when you checked?

In any case, I have now marked that as not pending and confirmed you will be able to select a new book.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 » 03 Feb 2015, 17:08

Thanks Scott.

TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman » 03 Feb 2015, 19:46

I agree very easy to navigate. I also likr the RT tab at the top.
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo » 16 Feb 2015, 01:30

OK, I joined the review team about a week ago, and when I went to check my page and post my first review it said that I was banned. The reason stated said it was because I failed to answer numerous emails! I never received any emails! What should I do?

TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html

Post by TLGabelman » 16 Feb 2015, 06:58

scquarantillo wrote:OK, I joined the review team about a week ago, and when I went to check my page and post my first review it said that I was banned. The reason stated said it was because I failed to answer numerous emails! I never received any emails! What should I do?
This is happening to most of us on the review team. I believe it is a bug we are waiting for Scott to comment and resolve. Dont fret :)
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

ejcogan

Post by ejcogan » 16 Feb 2015, 11:05

Okay. I'm glad I read this because I got the same message this morning when I logged on. I had just checked my email and went back after logging off here and I couldn't find any emails. I was on the verge of tears when I sent Scott a PM. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.

scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo » 16 Feb 2015, 12:56

ejcogan wrote:Okay. I'm glad I read this because I got the same message this morning when I logged on. I had just checked my email and went back after logging off here and I couldn't find any emails. I was on the verge of tears when I sent Scott a PM. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Thank god its not just me! I kept thinking what did I do? haha Thanks for writing me back. I appreciate your help and I'll hang in there until we've got it all figured out. :D :D

ejcogan

Post by ejcogan » 16 Feb 2015, 13:03

scquarantillo wrote:
ejcogan wrote:Okay. I'm glad I read this because I got the same message this morning when I logged on. I had just checked my email and went back after logging off here and I couldn't find any emails. I was on the verge of tears when I sent Scott a PM. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Thank god its not just me! I kept thinking what did I do? haha Thanks for writing me back. I appreciate your help and I'll hang in there until we've got it all figured out. :D :D
Hey there! I found another thread regarding this issue. It happened to a bunch of people. I just checked and was able to get back on so give it a try. :D

Scott
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 19
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 7
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 2660

Post by Scott » 16 Feb 2015, 13:18

The bug mentioned in the previous few posts has been fixed, per the following topic: http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... =3&t=25414

Thank you!
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

jcheiser
2017 Reading Goal: 12
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 0
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcheiser.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by jcheiser » 18 Feb 2015, 07:45

I have been getting unnecessary reminder emails and it is negatively affecting my reviewer score. Yesterday, I received an email saying that I hadn't updated my review in 2 days, and when I logged in, the page was still asking if I had successfully downloaded a working copy of the book (which I had and I had answered 'yes' to that a couple of weeks ago) and my reminder count went up. But I clicked on the 'yes, I have received a working copy of the book' link anyway. Then today, I received another email saying that I hadn't updated my review status in 1 day. 1 day!! And my reminder count went up again. If this were a glitch that were not affecting my score, it wouldn't be so bad, but it is and I really don't appreciate it. Is there any way to fix this and get my reminder count back to what it was so I don't lose any more points?
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Quiche of Death
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: Puffy Gets Angry by Rich Pfeiffer and Susie Post Roberts

Post by bookowlie » 18 Feb 2015, 08:51

jcheiser wrote:I have been getting unnecessary reminder emails and it is negatively affecting my reviewer score. Yesterday, I received an email saying that I hadn't updated my review in 2 days, and when I logged in, the page was still asking if I had successfully downloaded a working copy of the book (which I had and I had answered 'yes' to that a couple of weeks ago) and my reminder count went up. But I clicked on the 'yes, I have received a working copy of the book' link anyway. Then today, I received another email saying that I hadn't updated my review status in 1 day. 1 day!! And my reminder count went up again. If this were a glitch that were not affecting my score, it wouldn't be so bad, but it is and I really don't appreciate it. Is there any way to fix this and get my reminder count back to what it was so I don't lose any more points?
I just had a similar thing happen to me this morning. I downloaded a book 2 days ago and updated my review status afterward. This morning I received a reminder email that my review status has not been updated in 1 day. I also sent Scott a PM about this issue.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”