Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

2019florette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2019florette.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Re: Topic Creation Guidelines

Post by 2019florette »

I am a new member and its hard finding my way around. I guess I just need to be a bit more patient. I appreciate the guidelines. Thank you.
Zaheersaira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zaheersaira »

thank you i'm new and very thankful for the guideline section it helped me a lot.
m_toro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-toro.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by m_toro »

Thanks for the guidelines! I was a lil lost there for a min
Chiagbanwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiagbanwe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chiagbanwe »

I want to post a published review of a book I read and reviewed. How do I go about it?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Chiagbanwe wrote: 20 Jul 2020, 04:22 I want to post a published review of a book I read and reviewed. How do I go about it?
An OBC review? If it was published in the Volunteer Reviews Forum, you can't re-post it here.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

These guidelines are very helpful! They are even more helpful if used during each review just to be sure, because they keep changing albeit slightly.
Autumnsbreeze
Currently Reading:

Post by Autumnsbreeze »

Just a quick hello. I do admit that reading others comments makes me wonder if I am computer savvy enough.
I am old fashioned and prefer paper over tech. any day. Looking forward to something that really makes me question something I have always been sure of, or maybe a thriller that really throws me for a loop. Well, hopefully I am in the right place.
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

The guidelines are easy and relatable. Thank you.
MomiRobins
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MomiRobins »

Aloha and Thank you for this site. I'm sure I'll be on this "beginners" site a lot. :-) I understand this is an online forum for discussion. Thanks for making that clear.
Ashliicat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashliicat.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ashliicat »

Hello. I got this: 'The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the further information field. Duplicate topic and can be covered on "rate the book" thread.' as a reason for my topic on a book of the month being rejected. Could someone please tells me what this means. I'm just a bit confused because it says 'does not fit into any other category' but also 'can be covered on "rate the book". I couldn't see a topic which covered what I was saying specifically so I'm a bit lost.
gali

Post by gali »

Ashliicat wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 15:29 Hello. I got this: 'The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the further information field. Duplicate topic and can be covered on "rate the book" thread.' as a reason for my topic on a book of the month being rejected. Could someone please tells me what this means. I'm just a bit confused because it says 'does not fit into any other category' but also 'can be covered on "rate the book". I couldn't see a topic which covered what I was saying specifically so I'm a bit lost.
It means that there is already a similar topic, so you should not open another one and post in the existing thread.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ashliicat
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashliicat »

gali wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 23:36 It means that there is already a similar topic, so you should not open another one and post in the existing thread.
I guess I was just confused because nearly any topic could come under 'rate the book' and I thought mine was specific enough to one aspect of it that it could be its own topic. I was basically asking how people felt about the worldbuilding and if people connected to it. There are separate topics for characters and POV. How would I do it so it wouldn't come under the 'rate the book' topic?
gali

Post by gali »

Ashliicat wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 12:13
gali wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 23:36 It means that there is already a similar topic, so you should not open another one and post in the existing thread.
I guess I was just confused because nearly any topic could come under 'rate the book' and I thought mine was specific enough to one aspect of it that it could be its own topic. I was basically asking how people felt about the worldbuilding and if people connected to it. There are separate topics for characters and POV. How would I do it so it wouldn't come under the 'rate the book' topic?
Make it less generic, by adding your own view on it + examples.
A retired Admin/Mod

Ashliicat
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashliicat »

Thanks. I'll give that a go.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

Thank you for the guidelines. I didn't know I could post my reviews as topics. It seems like a pretty good way to increase my reviewer's popularity.
But, Can I just copy-paste my approved review? :eusa-think:
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”