Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Re: Topic Creation Guidelines

Post by anwidmer »

Thank you for the guidelines, i too have found it a little difficult to navigate the site as intended but im getting there with time. New members i would advise to be patient and reach out to the admins if needed, they can be very helpful as well =)
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

I'm a little confused. So if we are submitting a review, I thought the guidelines said to make a new topic in the correct review forum. So, if we are submitting a review because want it graded, we need to search to see if someone has already posted for the book and submit the review through posting on someone else already created topic for the book?
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Yssimnar wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 03:14 I'm a little confused. So if we are submitting a review, I thought the guidelines said to make a new topic in the correct review forum. So, if we are submitting a review because want it graded, we need to search to see if someone has already posted for the book and submit the review through posting on someone else already created topic for the book?
The first post refers just to reviews of your own books, NOT to volunteer/official reviews.

You submit volunteer/official reviews per the instructions as a new topic in the Private Review Team Forum. After it was checked and approved by the editors, a mod will remove it to the correct forum.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gonzairene95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gonzairene95 »

Thanks for the guidelines they will really be helpful
PeaceLoveNature44
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Cows I Have Known
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peacelovenature44.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by PeaceLoveNature44 »

Thank you for the guidelines. I hope in the future to make some great topic for book discussions and such. I have a hard time making sure there are none similar to what I am writing. I apologize in advance for not thinking clearly if something is the same or not on a topic. :)
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Kharece
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kharece »

Thank you for the guidelines. That is encouraging
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Yes I have understand your opinion about the new topic rules but it should be clearly stated by you about how to create the new post of the same existing topic already?
Please post the guidelines for the complete process to post the new post in which forum, by which link etc?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 04:16 Yes I have understand your opinion about the new topic rules but it should be clearly stated by you about how to create the new post of the same existing topic already?
Please post the guidelines for the complete process to post the new post in which forum, by which link etc?
Unless it is a review book, you should NOT open a new thread and should post on the existing topic.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Choocks

Post by Choocks »

This thread is very helpful for me as a newbie. The posts also helped a lot as I am seeing myself in the same situation as well. Thank you very much!
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

I am willing to follow this rules. I guess I will enjoy this site. Thanks for this site. I will explore this site. :lol:
billy0753
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by billy0753 »

my name is billy matz.i'm a brand new member.i'm still struggling with how the posts is done here.
CasualBookReader
Favorite Book: How to be a writer: Building your creative skills through practice and play
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casualbookreader.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by CasualBookReader »

gali wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 00:08
jaylperry wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 19:56 So when I'm first auditioning to be a paid reviewer, I create a new topic in the private reviewer forum for my first trial book review. But after I'm approved, I need to make sure I'm posting each new review in the public forum under the topic that has already been established for a given book?
No. All your reviews should be approved regardless their status. All official and volunteer reviews should be posted in the private reviewer forum. After they are approved by the editors, a mod will move them to the appropriate forum. Please read the info on your RT page, as it explains the process.
Okay, got it, thanks for clearing that up for us.
Melissastubbs843

Post by Melissastubbs843 »

Thank you for the guidelines. Hopefully, I can figure out how to navigate the site a little easier now.
paulafgraves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by paulafgraves »

I am new here and am funding navigation a bit difficult. I will plow through it though. Thanks for the guidelines, I will do my best to honor them.
Magic_Beans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pavithra92.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Magic_Beans »

This topic was very informative for me as I am a new member . Thanks a lot.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”