Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

BookNerd1177
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerd1177.html
Reading Device: B0015T963C

Re: Topic Creation Guidelines

Post by BookNerd1177 »

Ok, so I used the "general search option" on the home page to look up Atlas Shrugged, and it showed "no results". So I went to reviews and book series discussions and searched there for Atlas SHrugged. I saw one thread that asked specific questions about it, but the reply was "Topic duplicated". The only other thread was listing books and Atlas Shrugged was one of the books. I then tried the "General Discussions" forum and found the thread there. If there is a thread already, why didn't it show up on the "general search option" results? This is the frustration I have been having. I had the same experience when looking up "Room" by Emma Donoghue.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

BookNerd1177 wrote:Ok, so I used the "general search option" on the home page to look up Atlas Shrugged, and it showed "no results". So I went to reviews and book series discussions and searched there for Atlas SHrugged. I saw one thread that asked specific questions about it, but the reply was "Topic duplicated". The only other thread was listing books and Atlas Shrugged was one of the books. I then tried the "General Discussions" forum and found the thread there. If there is a thread already, why didn't it show up on the "general search option" results? This is the frustration I have been having. I had the same experience when looking up "Room" by Emma Donoghue.
I had no trouble finding them using the general search option. You should use this serach and not the Google one.

Atlas Shrugged.

Room
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
BookNerd1177
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerd1177.html
Reading Device: B0015T963C

Post by BookNerd1177 »

Where would I find that option? It never shows up when I'm looking.
gali

Post by gali »

BookNerd1177 wrote:Where would I find that option? It never shows up when I'm looking.
On the tab above.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
zaynab_m
Favorite Author: J. K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Currently Reading: Rilla of Ingleside
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynab-m.html
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Post by zaynab_m »

Thnaks for the instructions. Having joined OBC barely a week ago, I didn't know some of these. Very informative
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael
Cindy58
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00F3SOHNU

Post by Cindy58 »

Thank You for the heads up with the guidelines. I am new this and I want to make sure I do things the correct way!
Shwiggie_99
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shwiggie_99 »

I'm still in my grace period before the site determines I'm not a spam bot, so I'm just familiarizing myself. I wish I would have paid more attention to the warning that I could not add details to my profile for a few days because I added an amazing review. What comes to mind is the song by Tenacious D, "Greatest Song in the World", in which they no longer remember the actual amazing song written, bur rather write a song about the amazing song. Once my profile is trusted, I too will write a review that pays homage to my original amazing review.

Looking forward to writing topics and participating. I have never participated in anything like this site, so really I am interested in knowing how to share my own review of books I have read. Even if a thread exists, like the John Steinbeck thread, that thread started in 2014 and was inactive since last year. If I wanted to "revive" the thread, do I just start typing away and hope others see its revival?
gali

Post by gali »

Shwiggie_99 wrote:I'm still in my grace period before the site determines I'm not a spam bot, so I'm just familiarizing myself. I wish I would have paid more attention to the warning that I could not add details to my profile for a few days because I added an amazing review. What comes to mind is the song by Tenacious D, "Greatest Song in the World", in which they no longer remember the actual amazing song written, bur rather write a song about the amazing song. Once my profile is trusted, I too will write a review that pays homage to my original amazing review.

Looking forward to writing topics and participating. I have never participated in anything like this site, so really I am interested in knowing how to share my own review of books I have read. Even if a thread exists, like the John Steinbeck thread, that thread started in 2014 and was inactive since last year. If I wanted to "revive" the thread, do I just start typing away and hope others see its revival?
Yep, You can "revive" the thread and add your review to it. Welcome and good luck!
A retired Admin/Mod

K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

Can someone tell me how should i create a new topic in Private review Teams page?
gali

Post by gali »

K_Kaori wrote:Can someone tell me how should i create a new topic in Private review Teams page?
Go to the Private Review Team Forum and open a new thread by pressing on "new topic".
A retired Admin/Mod

K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

gali wrote:
K_Kaori wrote:Can someone tell me how should i create a new topic in Private review Teams page?
Go to the Private Review Team Forum and open a new thread by pressing on "new topic".

Thankyou so much :tiphat:
gali

Post by gali »

K_Kaori wrote:
gali wrote:

Thankyou so much :tiphat:
You're welcome. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

cheryltkn
Currently Reading: Dark Wolf
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryltkn.html
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin

Post by cheryltkn »

I recently set up a new topic without intending to and though I hate to be one, I still don't understand how I did what I did wrong. I have looked through the guidelines a few times but I'm missing something. I am actually an intelligent person I must just have a blind spot.
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin
gali

Post by gali »

cheryltkn wrote:I recently set up a new topic without intending to and though I hate to be one, I still don't understand how I did what I did wrong. I have looked through the guidelines a few times but I'm missing something. I am actually an intelligent person I must just have a blind spot.
As was explained, you should use the Search function to avoid duplicating topics. There is a site search link at the top of your page. Please use it and search before setting up new topics. if such a topic already exists, you should add your post to it. This helps to keep the forums free from duplicate topics and therefore much tidier. Thank you.
A retired Admin/Mod

12els30
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-12els30.html

Post by 12els30 »

Thank you for writing out the guidelines in such a clear manner :) Being new it's good to have clear, clean-cut rules so as to not step on anyone's toes.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”