Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Topic Creation Guidelines

Post by gali »

Fasmin wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 22:04 Thank you for the guidelines. I didn't know I could post my reviews as topics. It seems like a pretty good way to increase my reviewer's popularity.
But, Can I just copy-paste my approved review? :eusa-think:
You are NOT allowed to post your OBC reviews or copy-paste them, NOR do you need to. A mod moves them to the correct forum once they are approved, and you should NOT re-post them on other forums.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

gali wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 23:21
Fasmin wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 22:04 Thank you for the guidelines. I didn't know I could post my reviews as topics. It seems like a pretty good way to increase my reviewer's popularity.
But, Can I just copy-paste my approved review? :eusa-think:
You are NOT allowed to post your OBC reviews or copy-paste them, NOR do you need to. A mod moves them to the correct forum once they are approved, and you should NOT re-post them on other forums.
Oh, alright. Thanks for telling me.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Turp415
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Turp415 »

Thanks for the guidelines. I look forward to starting. I really enjoy reading books of all topics and subject matter.
BellAJoEb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajoeb.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by BellAJoEb »

I can't wait to begin work with these useful guidelines. I have always love reading book and discussing the storylines. Thank you.
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by natasha juhl »

As a new use of this site, this information was concise and organized. It has help me to better understand how to navigate these controls.
Sum1zMom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sum1zMom »

Duly noted, can’t wait to start reading
Lostsoul20
Currently Reading: House of Hoops
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Lostsoul20 »

Thank you for the information. I’m ready to get started. Going to read everything to get me informed then start on my books. :techie-studyingbrown:
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

gali wrote: 16 Aug 2015, 23:08
BookNerd1177 wrote:I am new and am still frustrated over navigating my way through the site. I was flagged as duplicating a topic, but was not allowed to respond or ask why. I also have had trouble finding those original threads through the "search" buttons. The one on the home page brings up a ton of Google ads, followed (if i'm lucky) by anything that has the same words I searched for. Without searching each and every theme, how am I to know if there's a thread already? I also saw "official review" posts and wasn't sure if that was the standard. I tried reading through the guidelines, but I still find it wordy and round about. I thought I was a reviewer, but I guess I'm not. Am trying to work my way up to that, but if i'm going to be blocked for every little oopsie, then I might have to find another site.
Welcome!

I am sorry you find it unclear. You should either use the general search option (the button at the top of the Home Page) or the specific topic search option on the forums to find those threads. You shouldn't start a new topic about a book if there is a topic already made on it. You can post your reviews under that topic though. "Official reviews" are reviews on books one got from this site to review. Good luck!
Does the "Official reviews" paradigm mean I can't post my "Volunteer reviews" here?
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Njatha77 wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 05:43

Does the "Official reviews" paradigm mean I can't post my "Volunteer reviews" here?
You don't post your reviews, the system automatically does it for you once the review is approved. This is the same, whether it is an Official Review (paid) or a Volunteer Review (unpaid).
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

MrsCatInTheHat wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 06:22
Njatha77 wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 05:43

You don't post your reviews, the system automatically does it for you once the review is approved. This is the same, whether it is an Official Review (paid) or a Volunteer Review (unpaid).
I meant about posting my review here in the "Genre-Specific" book discussions Forum? (the review has already been posted in the Volunteer Reviews section) I thought they were duplicate posts for further discussion on a certain book but now I understand, thanks.
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

This will help me a lot as I am a new member of this community. And many like me wants to know how to create or post a topic. You cleared all the doubts. Thank you very much.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Thank you, I’ll strictly take note of these.
Kealeboga P 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kealeboga P 1 »

Hey there guys!

So happy to be a member of the site plus I'd like to express my thanks for the service (it's my first time being part of book club)though navigating the site proved difficult before I found this tab,I'm certainly more motivated to dig deep and unravel it's hidden gems.

Thanks again
Onangole Nathan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onangole-nathan.html
Latest Review: The Lost Years of Billy Battles by Ronald E. Yates

Post by Onangole Nathan »

Thanks for the directions.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

Thanks for the guidelines. It clear some doubts on new post .
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”