Error in EPUB format

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
Julia_Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-review.html
Latest Review: visiting With An Angel by Jerry A Greenberg

Error in EPUB format

Post by Julia_Review »

Hello,

I decided to review a book and downloaded the EPUB format (the only one available). When I opened it the pages looked like they had image format. You can't edit anything, the text is blurry and has watermarks on all the pages. I tried to convert it to other formats (MOBI, PDF) but it made thinks only worse. It's not "incomplete" or "the wrong book" but still not really readable.
Have you had an issue like that? What could you suggest?

Thank you!
Melissa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: #InItTogether
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-jane.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2022 Reading Goal: 150
2022 Goal Completion: 17%

Post by Melissa Jane »

Julia_Review wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 16:07 Hello,

I decided to review a book and downloaded the EPUB format (the only one available). When I opened it the pages looked like they had image format. You can't edit anything, the text is blurry and has watermarks on all the pages. I tried to convert it to other formats (MOBI, PDF) but it made thinks only worse. It's not "incomplete" or "the wrong book" but still not really readable.
Have you had an issue like that? What could you suggest?

Thank you!
Hello.

Thank you for the inquiry. Download the OBC e-reader app. After logging in, you will find the file there. See if it's the complete version of the book. If it's not, please file an error report via the update tab.

Thanks.
No battle is ever won; they are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and
despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.
:D

~ William Faulkner

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”