Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Public Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Lost, need help!

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.

Lost, need help!

Post Number:#1 by scorp0111
» 26 Aug 2014, 00:57

Hi,

I am a new member, have registered my account and made around 10 posts, edited my preferences.....am I now eligible to view books for review? If I am, then can someone pls guide where I can access them...I am going round and round on the Review Team Page to the guidelines page and back....Please help. Thanks! And apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum page.
scorp0111

Favorite Author: Khaled Hosseini
Favorite Book: To Sir With Love by E R Braithwaite
Currently Reading: Kill List by Fredrick Forsyth
Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Lost, need help!

Post Number:#2 by gali
» 26 Aug 2014, 01:14

You indeed posted it on the wrong forum. :wink: I moved it to the correct forum.

You are eligible to view books for review and the books should appear on your "Review Team Page". However, it takes time and much more posting (quality posts mind you) to get the free books. Off topics posts and one word posts don't count by the way. Good luck!

-- August 26th, 2014, 9:15 am --

Also read this please:

REVIEW TEAM AND REVIEW REQUEST ISSUES - Read this first
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Moved a Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 1676 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 93%

Post Number:#3 by scorp0111
» 27 Aug 2014, 00:22

Thanks so much gali for your reply and moving my post to the correct forum. I understand it might take time ....just eager to get started :)
scorp0111

Favorite Author: Khaled Hosseini
Favorite Book: To Sir With Love by E R Braithwaite
Currently Reading: Kill List by Fredrick Forsyth

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#4 by gali
» 27 Aug 2014, 01:46

scorp0111 wrote:Thanks so much gali for your reply and moving my post to the correct forum. I understand it might take time ....just eager to get started :)

You are welcome. :)
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali
Site Admin

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#5 by Scott
» 28 Aug 2014, 20:40

scorp0111 wrote:Hi,

I am a new member, have registered my account and made around 10 posts, edited my preferences.....am I now eligible to view books for review? If I am, then can someone pls guide where I can access them...I am going round and round on the Review Team Page to the guidelines page and back....Please help. Thanks! And apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum page.

I understand your question has somewhat been answered.

I am concerned when you say that you went to the Review Team Page and still didn't understand. What does it say on the Review Team Page? If there are no or very few opportunities available to you, that page should automatically check the reasons and provide an explanation. If it is doing that out of error or is otherwise unclear, I would like to modify it to make it more friendly. Thank you.

-- 28 Aug 2014 08:40 pm --

scorp0111 wrote:Hi,

I understand your question has somewhat been answered.

I am concerned when you say that you went to the Review Team Page and still didn't understand. What does it say on the Review Team Page? If there are no or very few opportunities available to you, that page should automatically check the reasons and provide an explanation. If it is doing that out of error or is otherwise unclear, I would like to modify it to make it more friendly. Thank you.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Publishing Contest ~ 960 Votes ~ View Scott's Entry
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 202 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Nook Simple
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 19%

Post Number:#6 by StvMuturi
» 08 Mar 2017, 08:51

Ah, this is enlightening! I have been going round in circles! Another question: Do I need a reader to get books or is my laptop fine?
Thank you!
StvMuturi

Currently Reading:

Post Number:#7 by gali
» 08 Mar 2017, 08:59

StvMuturi wrote:Ah, this is enlightening! I have been going round in circles! Another question: Do I need a reader to get books or is my laptop fine?
Thank you!

You can read either on your cell or your PC.
gali
Site Admin

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#8 by StvMuturi
» 08 Mar 2017, 09:02

Great! I am looking forward to it! I am currently reading Henri Charriere's "Pappilon"for like the fourth or fifth time!
StvMuturi

Currently Reading:

Post Number:#9 by Chyenne- 501
» 17 Apr 2017, 10:32

I am having a hard time getting books to select to read and posting anything
Can you please show me an easier way to get on the revie team
I am interested in doing book reviews
I am not only a reviewer but a published author of. Four books in my own nane and have for the pastb2 years been ghostwriting and have fone over 27 novellas for clients on the (removed by mod)
Chyenne- 501

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3 books
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite

Post Number:#10 by gali
» 17 Apr 2017, 12:51

Chyenne- 501 wrote:I am having a hard time getting books to select to read and posting anything
Can you please show me an easier way to get on the revie team
I am interested in doing book reviews
I am not only a reviewer but a published author of. Four books in my own nane and have for the pastb2 years been ghostwriting and have fone over 27 novellas for clients on the (removed by mod)

Have you joined the Review Team? You need to do that before you can choose a book. The FAQ explains the process. After you join the team, you will find further instructions on your RT page. Good luck!
gali
Site Admin

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#11 by Jill Wilmot
» 02 May 2017, 09:08

How to register my device onto your system.
Jill Wilmot

Currently Reading:

Post Number:#12 by bookowlie
» 02 May 2017, 09:55

Jill Wilmot wrote:How to register my device onto your system.

You don't have to register your device. You just need a way to download the review books onto your device if you join the Review Team. Many books are in Kindle format so you would either download them onto a Kindle or another device with a Kindle application. For example, I have Kindle for PC on my laptop and desktop computer. I also have a Kindle Fire. If you have an Ipad or other type of tablet, you would need to download the free Kindle app.

In addition, some review books are in other formats such as PDF, ePub, MOBI, etc. It depends on the particular book. Many of the books are offered in more than one format.
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 247 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 78%