BOTD availability

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

AwkwardAvian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awkwardavian.html
Latest Review: Vandella by M. Ch. Landa

BOTD availability

Post by AwkwardAvian »

Please, please, please can you make a requirement for an author wanting their book to be BOTD to make it globally available, even if only for the day. The BOTD from 9 May is the latest example of a book I am unable to access.

Although it is possible to get around this using a VPN, it is incredibly frustrating and shouldn't even have to be something we should have to find a way around. The free Kindle Unlimited downloads also often aren't available here, but that's less of an issue. I just want to be able to access free samples without going through the annoying process of going to my laptop, turning on a VPN and waiting forever for the book I need to load (internet is slow enough at the best of times...)

Love from Africa
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

AwkwardAvian wrote: 10 May 2021, 00:03 Please, please, please can you make a requirement for an author wanting their book to be BOTD to make it globally available, even if only for the day. The BOTD from 9 May is the latest example of a book I am unable to access.

Although it is possible to get around this using a VPN, it is incredibly frustrating and shouldn't even have to be something we should have to find a way around. The free Kindle Unlimited downloads also often aren't available here, but that's less of an issue. I just want to be able to access free samples without going through the annoying process of going to my laptop, turning on a VPN and waiting forever for the book I need to load (internet is slow enough at the best of times...)

Love from Africa
Unfortunately, it can often be a legal issue in regards to where books are made available, not a matter of the author's preference, so it's often not up to the author. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

AwkwardAvian wrote: 10 May 2021, 00:03 Please, please, please can you make a requirement for an author wanting their book to be BOTD to make it globally available, even if only for the day. The BOTD from 9 May is the latest example of a book I am unable to access.

Love from Africa
Hello fellow African!

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about it and we just have to do what we have to do to get what we need. Everyone that is not in UK and US has similar issues so we are not alone.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”