Book of the Day

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
B Creech
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 126
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Penninsula
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-creech.html
Latest Review: Seaside Glitter by Wayne Turner

Book of the Day

Post by B Creech »

Where do I find a sample of today's BOTD, "Superbugs" without having to buy the book?
B. Creech

gali
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 92
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Ghost Of Llano Estacado
Bookshelf Size: 2037
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I don't think there is a sample.
Personal pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: Don't Judge the Day by the Dawn by Erica L. Dretzka
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

B Creech wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 13:41
Where do I find a sample of today's BOTD, "Superbugs" without having to buy the book?
This might be too late, but at the bottom of the official review for this book, there is a note by a moderator with a purchase link that will take you to a website where you can sample and purchase the book.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"

B Creech

Post by B Creech »

gali wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 23:03
I don't think there is a sample.
Ok, thanks!
B. Creech

B Creech

Post by B Creech »

espo wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 11:24
B Creech wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 13:41
This might be too late, but at the bottom of the official review for this book, there is a note by a moderator with a purchase link that will take you to a website where you can sample and purchase the book.
Thanks! Your post was on time, I just didn't check my notifications anymore after I had checked them several times! I appreciate your response though!
B. Creech

Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: Inheritance
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by Valkyrie9 »

Hi there :) not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but the BOTD LinkedIN link isn't working... it opens LinkedIN but it says "oops something went wrong. It's not you it's us". This is the third time (not consecutively though) that this has happened. Is there another way to access the LinkedIN BOTD post? Thanks! :tiphat:
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:

gali
Site Admin

Post by gali »

Valkyrie9 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 00:36
Hi there :) not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but the BOTD LinkedIN link isn't working... it opens LinkedIN but it says "oops something went wrong. It's not you it's us". This is the third time (not consecutively though) that this has happened. Is there another way to access the LinkedIN BOTD post? Thanks! :tiphat:
It isn't available and there is no other way to access it, so please do not confirm the LinkedIN entry. :tiphat:

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Valkyrie9

Post by Valkyrie9 »

gali wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 00:41
Valkyrie9 wrote:
It isn't available and there is no other way to access it, so please do not confirm the LinkedIN entry. :tiphat:
Oki dokes. Thanks for the prompt reply :) is that because there wasn't a linkedIN post or just because it's no longer available?
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:

gali
Site Admin

Post by gali »

Valkyrie9 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 00:50
gali wrote:
Valkyrie9 wrote:
Oki dokes. Thanks for the prompt reply :) is that because there wasn't a linkedIN post or just because it's no longer available?
They posted it, but it doesn't show for some reason. I think the issue is with linkedIN. linkedIN sometimes has glitches.

Valkyrie9

Post by Valkyrie9 »

gali wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 00:52
Valkyrie9 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 00:50
gali wrote:

They posted it, but it doesn't show for some reason. I think the issue is with linkedIN. linkedIN sometimes has glitches.
:tiphat:

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”