Problem with BBcode in BOTM Forum

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
djr6090
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Favorite Book: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: Venetian Crucible by Andy Burtis

Problem with BBcode in BOTM Forum

Post by djr6090 »

Does anyone else see the conversations going from BBcoded to an exchange marked by arrows? as in the following Image I used to be able to reply with the quote function and it would look like Snowflakes exchange. But now it only allows me to reply displaying the arrows as in Sushan's exchange. This started July 24th, and only happens on the Book of the Month Forum. My comment field shows BBcode off and Smilies off. How do I turn them back on?
Attachments
BBcodeOFF.JPG
BBcodeOFF.JPG (117.87 KiB) Viewed 146 times

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 84
2018 Reading Goal: 65
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 60
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 78
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: Rosemary And Rue
Bookshelf Size: 985
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

djr6090 wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 10:07
Does anyone else see the conversations going from BBcoded to an exchange marked by arrows? as in the following Image I used to be able to reply with the quote function and it would look like Snowflakes exchange. But now it only allows me to reply displaying the arrows as in Sushan's exchange. This started July 24th, and only happens on the Book of the Month Forum. My comment field shows BBcode off and Smilies off. How do I turn them back on?
First, you can change your posting settings on your user control panel (board preferences tab).

However, I've noticed everyone's posts seem to be coming through that way, so it could be a glitch in that forum.

The area below the post box (on the full editor) where you can change your posting defaults... Does it say anything other than that the BBCode is off? What happens if you try to turn them on? :tiphat:
Personal pronouns: She/Her

We didn’t choose this life, we’re just living in it.” – Five

djr6090
Currently Reading:

Post by djr6090 »

Gravy wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 21:14
djr6090 wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 10:07
First, you can change your posting settings on your user control panel (board preferences tab).

However, I've noticed everyone's posts seem to be coming through that way, so it could be a glitch in that forum.

The area below the post box (on the full editor) where you can change your posting defaults... Does it say anything other than that the BBCode is off? What happens if you try to turn them on? :tiphat:
BB, Smilies, Signature and Notifications are all ON as posting defaults in my user control panel. The "BBcode is off" flag is to the right of the post box, along with "Smilies are off."

Below the posting box, on the full editor, there is an options tab. No attachments tab. There are no check-boxes for BBcode, Smilies or Signature. There are only two check-boxes. Do not Parse is unchecked, and Notify me is checked. I am not being notified in BOTM, by the way.

Beneath that is a topic review box, then a link to return to the top of the page, then the standard footer, ads, etc.

Thanks for looking into this. It was much more satisfying to participate in the BOTM discussion with the Quote function working properly.

Gravy
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

That is odd. :eusa-think:

I'll let Scott know, though he may have changed it on purpose. :tiphat:
Personal pronouns: She/Her

We didn’t choose this life, we’re just living in it.” – Five

djr6090
Currently Reading:

Post by djr6090 »

Thank you. As of Aug 17th Scott has corrected the problem. It was definitely not something I turned on or off on my side. What a relief!

Gravy