Can we have?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

nagathachristie
Favorite Author: Linda Howard
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nagathachristie.html
Latest Review: "Overcome Anxiety" by Elisabetta Reist
fav_author_id: 8729

Can we have?

Post by nagathachristie »

A post of our favourite authors in the regular (non-review) forums?

I was about to open a thread about a reader's favourite romance authors, you know, so we could share and see if we haven't read anybody new. It's just a fun way to know each other and feel more like a community. I made a thread and realized that we could only review books or a series, which is a little disappointing...

Just a thought.

Also, I thought not to put it in the general forum since there is a big chunk of people that don't read romance specifically... and I am sure people that like reading a particularly genre think the same.

Any thoughts, opinions? Is it dumb to think this?

-- 31 Oct 2013, 13:57 --

Hmm I realize it's dumb, but maybe a favourite list of authors for each genre in each genre forum (only to be made a thread by moderators?) or a bunch of threads in the general forum? I don't wanna spam it up (which I realize I am doing ironically to this thread, in a way).
Latest Review: "Overcome Anxiety" by Elisabetta Reist
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

There is also a Authors forum for discussing authors. Maybe it would be useful to place it there.

Alternatively, a single official linked list of popular authors in each genre's subforum in the reviews section could work. Perhaps we could have it link both to a discussion topic in the 'authors forum' as well as link to the individual topics for each of that authors books in the reviews section. Further feedback is appreciated.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Perhaps I am not understanding the OP but I really don't see what the point of a list of authors would be. Speaking for myself I would have no interest in reading through a list of names, regardless of how it was constructed.

As you say there already exists an Authors forum for discussion of specific authors. If a member has a favourite author they can post a topic there, outline why an author is a favourite & see who, if anyone, shares that opinion.

That's my view other members may now share it.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Have to agree with Scott and Fran. The Authors Forum is as good a platform as any to discuss your favourite authors.

Many book readers websites or lending libraries have lists and lists of genres/authors but what I'm interested in is another reader's opinion. You don't need to post a review, just write a bit of background and your personal thoughts, as opposed to the blurb on the back of the book. If you want to catch attention, I guess you could type 'Romance' and the author name in the subject heading.

<Second thought> Romance is one of the top four classic literary genres, so maybe there could be a sub-forum?

I think this book readers website has to be one of the most easily navigated and uncluttered on the internet!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”