Suggest New Forum Categories

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Suggest New Forum Categories

Post by Scott »

The forum here is still young, but as it grows I want to add more discussion categories. Please suggest any categories you would like us to add.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
LinkPromo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LinkPromo »

How about a section about marketing your services as an author or your books? Or maybe a publishing section?
n8gray

Post by n8gray »

how about further depth under writing, like premises, characters, story ideas, plot threads, ect....
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

LinkPromo wrote:How about a section about marketing your services as an author or your books? Or maybe a publishing section?
You can use Buy/Sell/Trade for that. If the forum gets to busy, I'll break it down into more than one.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

n8gray wrote:how about further depth under writing, like premises, characters, story ideas, plot threads, ect....
Okay, but which ones? We don't want to many forum categories that may then not be used. Can you narrow it down to a few specific writing categories to add?

Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Does anyone have any more suggestions for new categories?

This is your chance to get a whole forum dedicated to the topic of your choice. :wink:

Thanks,
Scott

LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

Well there is always genres of literature- we could go on for days about that...

I would really like to see more debate going on in here, but I don't know how to spark it, or really what about...

...So ultimately, I'm not much help.
"I am a slave to the wonders of the imagination and the cage of creativity." -E. Maggard
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

LoveHatesYou wrote:Well there is always genres of literature- we could go on for days about that...

I would really like to see more debate going on in here, but I don't know how to spark it, or really what about...

...So ultimately, I'm not much help.
I could make a forum category for politics and debate. It's off-topic, but I'm sure that people who like to read are likely to like and be capable of rational debate and political discussions.

Anyway, I'll try to think of some books I've read with controversial topics and start threads about them.

awelker

Post by awelker »

couldn't you do sub-forums. like for the debate category. put another forum inside of the larger forum about debate. that way it is still in the off topic category but still has its own place.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

awelker wrote:couldn't you do sub-forums. like for the debate category. put another forum inside of the larger forum about debate. that way it is still in the off topic category but still has its own place.
I could do that, but right now I think it isn't necessary. There's not enough political discussion in other forums that makes it need it's own sub forum, currently. If other forums start filling with disproportionate amount of posts about politics (or any topic), then I'll make a sub-forum for it.

sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Hmmm...

I'm thinking on this for you....
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Anna

Post by Anna »

A political debate forum sounds great. Maybe we could also have a non-fiction discussion forum?
________
Head Shop
Last edited by Anna on 24 Feb 2011, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Inkling

Post by Inkling »

Perhaps a forum or sub-forum specifically for the posting of links (legitimate, non-spamming variety) that are literature tools and/or resources; such as Project Gutenberg (a highly useful site for free ebooks), Lulu, One Look, Book Crossing etc.

I am certain current members would have a plethora of useful links sitting snugly in their bookmarks that they would be willing to share/contribute.

In no time at all the community would have its own "one stop shop" if you will...helpful for readers, and writers alike and an added attraction to entice new members.
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

That's a great idea Inkling!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Dori

Post by Dori »

Inkling wrote:Perhaps a forum or sub-forum specifically for the posting of links (legitimate, non-spamming variety) that are literature tools and/or resources; such as Project Gutenberg (a highly useful site for free ebooks), Lulu, One Look, Book Crossing etc.

I am certain current members would have a plethora of useful links sitting snugly in their bookmarks that they would be willing to share/contribute.

In no time at all the community would have its own "one stop shop" if you will...helpful for readers, and writers alike and an added attraction to entice new members.
I think it would be better if it was just a single thread, rather than a forum. Title it "Useful Links," have a mod sticky it, and then members could request certain links to be added via PM to the moderators. That's how I've seen it done before.
"Fine words will butter no parsnips."

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”