Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Have you ever been paid for the reviews

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

If you have a question, problem, or suggestion regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.

Re: Have you ever been paid for the reviews

Post Number:#91 by bookowlie
» 12 May 2016, 10:08

P_hernandez wrote:Ive reviewed 7 books with three published reviews and I haven't had any opportunities to be paid. I'm almost to level 2, though, so I hope once I reach that level, I will at least get one paid opportunity. I've been doing this since January and some of the books have been good and some...could use some work lol.

Your overall score is made up of several categories, including -
- total posts, with the exception of very short posts and ones in the Off-Topic subforums
- comments in the Book of the Month discussions, with more weight given to the three most recent books
- popularity of your reviews (views and replies)
- editorial analysis of your reviews

You might be able to increase your level by looking at the details of your score and seeing what you can build on. Keep in mind that each subscore has a maximum number of points. Hope this helps.
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 228 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 42%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#92 by Vermont Reviews
» 12 May 2016, 13:52

Thanks for the information.

Vermont Reviews
Vermont Reviews

Favorite Book: Scam Prevention
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 352 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 300 Books
Goal Completion: 16%

Post Number:#93 by Liz_1988
» 15 May 2016, 16:32

I love to read and it would be awesome to review books, but i am have trouble figuring out how to use this website. i don't see the books that are available to be reviewed. I'm not sure i understand what i'm supposed to be doing.
Liz_1988

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Post Number:#94 by bookowlie
» 15 May 2016, 17:34

Click on the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) link at top of the page. On the FAQ page, there is a section about the Review Team. It will explain the process and how to join the Review Team. You have to complete a few unpaid reviews before the paid ones will be available on your list of books to pick from. Also, there are specific guidelines for writing an Official Review. Hope this helps.
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#95 by kimi_mahajan
» 04 Jul 2016, 01:48

Hi,
I am new here!
The site looks great and I am really looking forward for writing reviews.
kimi_mahajan

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#96 by uk8971
» 27 Jul 2016, 17:14

Is there an option? How do I qualify for it?
uk8971

Currently Reading: A Confession
Bookshelf Size: 28 books

Post Number:#97 by gali
» 28 Jul 2016, 01:59

uk8971 wrote:Is there an option? How do I qualify for it?

You have to join the review team first. You won't get paid at first though. Please read the FAQ for more info.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Scarlet
Bookshelf Size: 1619 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 43%

Post Number:#98 by Katie[scarlette]18
» 11 Aug 2016, 00:03

melakkari wrote:I haven't because I'm still at level zero. You have to have a specific number of posts and reviews in order to review books. Play around in the User Control Panel to look for the areas where you can set your preferences and see the review requirements. Also, keep posting so that you can rack up.

How do you know what level you are and how do you level jump?

Ps I LOVE the idea of getting a hard copy of a book mailed to you, I love the feeling of holing a book in your hands and the physical motion of turning pages. So thanks for that! :)
Katie[scarlette]18

Post Number:#99 by gali
» 11 Aug 2016, 00:29

Katie[scarlette]18 wrote:
melakkari wrote:I haven't because I'm still at level zero. You have to have a specific number of posts and reviews in order to review books. Play around in the User Control Panel to look for the areas where you can set your preferences and see the review requirements. Also, keep posting so that you can rack up.

How do you know what level you are and how do you level jump?

Ps I LOVE the idea of getting a hard copy of a book mailed to you, I love the feeling of holing a book in your hands and the physical motion of turning pages. So thanks for that! :)

You will have details of your level and other info on your Review Team Page.

The books for reviews are just ebooks now.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali
Site Admin

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#100 by Saraheve
» 29 Aug 2016, 13:45

Hi, I need help with the twitter thing ( I mean you get payed to to Re tweet, comment and like on Twitter the book of the day) Can anyone give me the link to login in I by mistake delete from my twitter chat and now I can't find it anywhere on this site. Can anyone help me?
Saraheve

Favorite Book: Virals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#101 by gali
» 29 Aug 2016, 22:45

Saraheve wrote:Hi, I need help with the twitter thing ( I mean you get payed to to Re tweet, comment and like on Twitter the book of the day) Can anyone give me the link to login in I by mistake delete from my twitter chat and now I can't find it anywhere on this site. Can anyone help me?

I think emails were sent the other night with link included. If you haven't received one, you should contact Scott about it. Good luck!
gali
Site Admin

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#102 by Wasif Ahmed
» 16 Oct 2016, 07:46

I have joined about a month ago and still have not gotten paid. I am still in level 0 but hopefully will get to level 2 with my next review and then will get access to paid reviews. :)
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Wasif Ahmed's Latest Review: "Toon Girl" by Sean Wheeler
Wasif Ahmed

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 200 Books
Goal Completion: 22%

Post Number:#103 by bookowlie
» 27 Oct 2016, 08:34

wasif_ahmed wrote:I have joined about a month ago and still have not gotten paid. I am still in level 0 but hopefully will get to level 2 with my next review and then will get access to paid reviews. :)

Are you are checking/refreshing your score? If you don't refresh your score, it will show the same score/level until you recheck it. Go to your Review Team page and click on Check It/See My Score. Then click on Recheck Score.

The other thing you should know is that your overall score (which determines your level) is made up of subscores in different categories. It's not just about getting good scores on your reviews. There are also separate score categories such as participation in various discussions (general, reviews, etc.), Book of the Month participation, popularity of your reviews, Bookshelves participation, etc. There is a maximum number of points you can get in each category. Look at your subscores and see where you can build up your points. Hope this helps. :)
bookowlie

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#104 by Wasif Ahmed
» 27 Oct 2016, 10:29

Thanks bookowlie. I already know how to recheck the score and i am apparently working on improving it.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Wasif Ahmed's Latest Review: "Toon Girl" by Sean Wheeler
Wasif Ahmed

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 200 Books
Goal Completion: 22%

Post Number:#105 by bookowlie
» 27 Oct 2016, 21:23

wasif_ahmed wrote:Thanks bookowlie. I already know how to recheck the score and i am apparently working on improving it.

Good luck with everything!
bookowlie

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

PreviousNext