Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Public Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Have you ever been paid for the reviews

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.

Have you ever been paid for the reviews

Post Number:#1 by OTB
» 02 Sep 2013, 09:50

Okay so I joined this site since I Love reading and would like to get paid. I liked the concept though, so far the site has neither asked me for an account number for direct credit to my account nor for my address. Somehow makes me doubt if they will pay. Has any one ever been paid for writing reviews?
OTB

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Have you ever been paid for the reviews

Post Number:#2 by melakkari
» 02 Sep 2013, 11:13

I haven't because I'm still at level zero. You have to have a specific number of posts and reviews in order to review books. Play around in the User Control Panel to look for the areas where you can set your preferences and see the review requirements. Also, keep posting so that you can rack up.
melakkari

Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Biting Bad by Chloe Neill

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#3 by Starmy
» 02 Sep 2013, 11:38

I like this idea. Its a nice bit of extra income and you get to do something WORTHWHILE in the process!
Starmy

Post Number:#4 by Scott
» 02 Sep 2013, 12:01

For those who are already part of the review team, please go to the Review Team Page and for more detailed information regarding the process and payouts and to manage your account.

For those who have not yet joined the team, but are interested, please see the proper section of this FAQ:

faq.php#f11r0

As to the particular question about payment, they are sent by PayPal. We will also ask you for your address, unless you only want to read ebooks, but not for payments but to mail you copies of books if needed. The collection and submission of this kind of information is handled through the review team page as the main site and registration has many features and uses other than the review team and many members who are not interested in doing reviews and many members who have been here long before we started the review team. Namely, many people join the site just to talk about books and reading.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Publishing Contest ~ 960 Votes ~ View Scott's Entry
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 202 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Nook Simple
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 19%

Post Number:#5 by laura_askew88
» 03 Sep 2013, 16:03

You definitely get paid I can vouch for that. You just have to look around your user control panel and find where you set everything up. It's really nice. Obviously I'm not swimming in the dough, but the little extra helps my family a lot during these harsh economic times. :)
laura_askew88

Bookshelf Size: 5 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#6 by Starmy
» 03 Sep 2013, 16:45

laura_askew88 wrote:Obviously I'm not swimming in the dough, but the little extra helps my family a lot during these harsh economic times. :)

Of course. Every little helps! :D
Starmy

Post Number:#7 by Megan Young
» 04 Sep 2013, 19:11

Im in love with this website! Im so happy I stumbled across it.
Megan Young

Favorite Author: VC Andrews
Favorite Book: My Sweet Audrina
Bookshelf Size: 10 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#8 by Zannie
» 06 Sep 2013, 22:41

I have been thinking about joining. But just practicing for now while I learn how to write them. I am using the Official reviews on here to learn.
Zannie

Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 180 books
Reading Device:

Post Number:#9 by nan m
» 12 Sep 2013, 13:15

They ask for an email address which is sufficient to pay via paypal. Of course you should have a paypal account.
nan m

Bookshelf Size: 3 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#10 by Misaela
» 17 Sep 2013, 04:15

I have done 3 paid reviews, and am on my 4th one. They do pay, but most reviews are free.
Misaela's Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Misaela

Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 21 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite

Post Number:#11 by taylorhudson310
» 18 Sep 2013, 13:09

You have to increase your level to have access to the paid books to review but I'm working my way there.
taylorhudson310's Latest Review: "Drowning" by Susan Wingate
taylorhudson310

Bookshelf Size: 1 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#12 by booklover101
» 02 Oct 2013, 23:18

I have not been paid yet but that is because i'm at level zero and haven't reviewed any books yet. you need to go to user control panel
booklover101

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#13 by MagicofBooks86
» 06 Oct 2013, 15:15

Thanks for all the info! Glad I hit this thread. I wasn't sure if this was some sort of scam website (I've hit plenty of those in the past months saying they'll pay but they don't). So I'm glad to hear that you do get paid at some point. I'm currently unemployed so why not get paid for writing book reviews which is something I love to do. That's basically all I sit around doing is reading books, haha!
MagicofBooks86

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#14 by Fiona R
» 06 Dec 2013, 22:24

This site is like a dream because I love spending my free time reading
Fiona R

Post Number:#15 by Enigma
» 07 Dec 2013, 07:31

Still waiting to get paid for my review. Three weeks ago and I've sent Scott two PM's
If I didn't write, I'd never sleep.

Up the Irons!!!
Enigma

Favorite Author: S.E.Hinton
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading: Breathless by Scott Prussing
Bookshelf Size: 6 books

View Reviewer Page

Next