BOTD Facebook

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
Drakka Reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drakka-reader.html
Latest Review: Eternal Bones by Jon State

BOTD Facebook

Post by Drakka Reader »

Excuse me, I want to clarify. If you put Facebook to post the BOTD, does sharing count as posting for the BOTD or does it need to be a comment? If it needs to be a comment, how do I comment, because I don't have the option.

gali
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 92
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Anna and the Apocalypse
Bookshelf Size: 2001
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Drakka Reader wrote:
08 May 2020, 09:09
Excuse me, I want to clarify. If you put Facebook to post the BOTD, does sharing count as posting for the BOTD or does it need to be a comment? If it needs to be a comment, how do I comment, because I don't have the option.
You should comment on the BOTD's post for it to count. You should NOT confirm the entry if you didn't comment.

If you don't have the option to commenton Facebook, you are not a member of the Facebook group and need to join it to have that option.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

bunmiolu
Currently Reading: The Ninjans Omnibus
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmiolu.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by bunmiolu »

gali wrote:
08 May 2020, 09:15
Drakka Reader wrote:
You should comment on the BOTD's post for it to count. You should NOT confirm the entry if you didn't comment.

If you don't have the option to commenton Facebook, you are not a member of the Facebook group and need to join it to have that option.
Thanks for this. I have requested to join the Facebook group and it's not yet approved. So that means I cannot get the Facebook points until I get the approval and able to post.

gali
Site Admin

Post by gali »

bunmiolu wrote:
08 May 2020, 20:42
gali wrote:
Drakka Reader wrote:

Thanks for this. I have requested to join the Facebook group and it's not yet approved. So that means I cannot get the Facebook points until I get the approval and able to post.
Correct. You can't get the points until you join the group and post.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Drakka Reader
Currently Reading:

Post by Drakka Reader »

gali wrote:
Drakka Reader wrote:

Understood, then I have another question. I do keep trying to join the group but every time I do, it will stay as the "waiting for approval" and then be canceled. This have been happening multiple times, is there anything I can do?

gali
Site Admin

Post by gali »

Drakka Reader wrote:
09 May 2020, 07:56
gali wrote:
Drakka Reader wrote:

Understood, then I have another question. I do keep trying to join the group but every time I do, it will stay as the "waiting for approval" and then be canceled. This have been happening multiple times, is there anything I can do?
They don't approve new profiles, so you should try until they approve you.

Drakka Reader
Currently Reading:

Post by Drakka Reader »

gali wrote:
09 May 2020, 11:58
Drakka Reader wrote:
09 May 2020, 07:56
gali wrote:

They don't approve new profiles, so you should try until they approve you.
Ok, thank you, I will do so. Thank you for answering my questions, I'm good now.

bunmiolu
Currently Reading: The Ninjans Omnibus
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmiolu.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by bunmiolu »

gali wrote:
08 May 2020, 23:42
bunmiolu wrote:
08 May 2020, 20:42
gali wrote:

Correct. You can't get the points until you join the group and post.
Alright, thank you.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”