Book Review Never Posted Even Though Completed [Solved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

eswesley
Bookshelf Size: 0

Book Review Never Posted Even Though Completed [Solved]

Post by eswesley »

Hi there. I submitted a book for review a few months back, and it was selected by someone to review. I got an email in my inbox about a week later telling me that the book had been reviewed (4 out of 4, no less!), and that the review would post within 48 hours after the editor had cleaned it up.

But the review never appeared.

It's been weeks now since I was sent that "48-hour" email, and there is still no review on the review page. I was stoked to see what one of the reviewers had to say about it, but now I'm worried I never will.

The book was titled Deeds: Gods from Men. Does anyone know what happened to it?
Meadow337

Post by Meadow337 »

Having the same problem. Could some one respond to mails about this?
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Thank you for your feedback. Since that time, I have modified the emails and software to give longer projections for turnaround time. Namely, where it used to say "usually within 48 hours" it now says "usually within a week". Your cases are indeed unusual, and I apologize for the inconvenience. The slowness is a result of a combination of factors, namely: presumably the review requests are free requests not incentivized ones, the reviews are positive, and the reviewers for these book are newer members of our review team, and of course I simply am behind schedule on all accounts. This unique combination requires extra time to carefully vet the review and reviewer. I am working to get through the backlog of pending review requests.

I appreciate your feedback and patience. Please understand that the wait time is a result of my goal is to provide quality reviews with integrity. This way when the review is published it will mean something more than if I just let junk get through as our "official reviews".

Thanks to your feedback I will modify my software to provide more accurate projections of turnaround time using a more sophisticated check of the different factors recorded in the database that will affect the turnaround time.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
eswesley

Post by eswesley »

Thanks for the reply, Scott. I understand the desire to keep the reviews valuable. Still, it's been about a month, so I think you can understand my concern, especially since so many other reviews have been posted in that time. Just a little worried, is all.

But I appreciate you keeping the site trustworthy.

Will I receive an email if/when the review gets posted? I'm anxious to see what a reviewer said about the book.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

The review in question has been posted.

I have made some progress on the backlog of pending reviews being held for vetting. I have done that in part by creating over the last week some software that will help automatically check many of the things needing to be checked for these types of reviews requiring extra vetting, i.e. automatically vet the reviews/reviewers and organize the pending reviews for me making it much less time-consuming for me to do the final manual vetting left to take place and then publish or reject the reviews accordingly.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
eswesley

Post by eswesley »

Scott, thanks so much for getting this taken care of. I was so pleased to read the review! What a fantastically encouraging thing to read.

Thanks too for making sure that the integrity of the reviews on this site is protected. You guys are great.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”