Trouble with reviewing

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
fav_author_id: 2413

Trouble with reviewing

Post by Neleh403 »

I'm new to this website so bear with me. I down loaded a book to review (Tommy Morgan). It downloaded fine. I'm using an iPad by the way. However when I closed down the iPad as I had done reading it has not saved the book or I can't find it. When on the book club website it gives me the options of reviewing the book but I can't as I haven't read it! Does the website save the book your reviewing any where? If not how can I retrieve it from the iPad and for future reference how do I save books once downloaded? Sorry for the lots of questions just feel frustrated.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Do you have the free app iBooks? I do not personally have an iPad, but I am under the understanding that when you download ebook files off the internet you can select to download them to iBooks and then they will be sorted there. Otherwise, what option for "open in" did you select when you downloaded the book?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

I have down loaded the I books app and the adobe reader. Have now reviewed 2 books. I am still a little bit confused as my status is still 0 books reviewed. Also I have no new books to review. How long does it normally take for new books to become available?
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Yes, thank you for your feedback. I have created a support tickets for each of the two issues you mention as other users are also experiencing the same problem.

For the statistics problem:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... =3&t=12997

For the lack of new review opportunities:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... =3&t=14074

I will investigate both of these matters. I will lock this topic now as the two topics above will act as the ticket for each issue. But if you have a different problem or any further feedback please start a new topic or respond in one of the others.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”