Clarification of new policy

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
Seamstress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Clarification of new policy

Post by Seamstress » 29 Nov 2019, 07:15

Effective December 15th, the prizes for the daily giveaway will be sent via PayPal instead of Amazon gift card.
I don't really have any problem with this, just one question - will that be full $20 or will it be reduced by fees, like it was happening with Twitter Rewards Dashboard? It won't be fair if we would get less instead of usuall amount

gali
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 89
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 1972
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 29 Nov 2019, 10:53

Seamstress wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 07:15
Effective December 15th, the prizes for the daily giveaway will be sent via PayPal instead of Amazon gift card.
I don't really have any problem with this, just one question - will that be full $20 or will it be reduced by fees, like it was happening with Twitter Rewards Dashboard? It won't be fair if we would get less instead of usuall amount
The site will send $20, but Paypal will distract its commission from that amount. The site has no control over PayPal's policy. Any issues about it should be addressed to Paypal.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Seamstress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Seamstress » 29 Nov 2019, 15:19

The site has control to pay commission. Paypal has this option yo distract fees from sender or receiver. Won't you agree it is more fair that when you offer $20 prise that winner gets said $20, not less. With Amazon cards we always has exactly that much and no distractions.

gali
Site Admin

Post by gali » 29 Nov 2019, 23:45

I am not familiar with the option you mentioned. The site will send the money just like it always does. If you have a problem with that, you should privately contact Scott about it.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 360
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: My Mama Says Inside Me Lives A Village by Nadine Levitt

Post by bookowlie » 30 Nov 2019, 09:47

Honestly, it's very generous that Scott offers these giveaways. Even if fees are deducted by Paypal, you are still getting a nice prize.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

gali
Site Admin

Post by gali » 30 Nov 2019, 12:12

bookowlie wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 09:47
Honestly, it's very generous that Scott offers these giveaways. Even if fees are deducted by Paypal, you are still getting a nice prize.
:text-yeahthat:

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”