Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged!
For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.
IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.
To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.
There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
- Raju Chacko
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 09:13
- 2019 Reading Goal: 10
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 80
- Currently Reading: What Makes America Great
- Bookshelf Size: 31
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raju-chacko.html
- Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham
- Bookshelves Moderator
- Posts: 2997
- Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
- 2019 Reading Goal: 75
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 32
- Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 500
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
- Latest Review: The Stages of Rot by Eden Tijerina
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Publishing Contest Votes: 0
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 07 Feb 2019, 22:57
- 2019 Reading Goal: 20
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 245
- Currently Reading: The Explosive Child
- Bookshelf Size: 81
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
- Latest Review: The March to Madness by Nelson Dacier
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 02 Aug 2019, 21:26
- Currently Reading: Crazy Rich Asians
- Bookshelf Size: 73
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-andpoetrii.html
- Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes
I totally side with you and agree that the system is very strict. I don't understand why they expect us to write perfectly when the pay is not that high and increasing your score is too difficult also.Raju Chacko wrote: ↑21 Sep 2019, 09:57The present Review scoring system awards 40 points for (absence of) Spelling/Grammar errors, 30 points for adherence to other OBC Review Guidelines and the last 30 points for the Editor's subjective rating. Under Spelling/Grammar errors, the penalty per error is 10 points. This means that even for a small error, like a comma missing or extra, 10 points are deducted. A step further, four small grammatical errors will reduce your score in this section to zero. I feel this is too severe particularly since good critiques (which are more important for success) aren't scored proportionately in the Editor's rating section. Sure, grammatical errors are important, one can't ignore them; but could the deduction be reduced to (say) 5 points per error instead of 10?
- Gravymaster of Bookshelves
- Posts: 36530
- Joined: 27 Aug 2014, 02:02
- 2019 Reading Goal: 50
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 84
- 2018 Reading Goal: 65
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 60
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 78
- Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
- Currently Reading: The Hive
- Bookshelf Size: 982
This is not the forum for Review Team business, and the correct forum isn't for debates or complaints. As such, I'm locking this thread.
V for Vendetta