An Issue With Twitter Rewards

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

An Issue With Twitter Rewards

Post by Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn »

My page says I did not qualify for the Twitter Rewards yesterday, however I did all the steps necessary to qualify. The page also showed that the book from yesterday was confirmed to be in my book shelves.
Laila_Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Laila_Hashem »

It might be a technical issue or a step you missed. I'd say the only way to find out is to contact Scott.
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn

How do I contact him? I couldn't find an email he could be reached at.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 08:45 My page says I did not qualify for the Twitter Rewards yesterday, however I did all the steps necessary to qualify. The page also showed that the book from yesterday was confirmed to be in my book shelves.
What level are you? Only 3 level reviewers can participate in the program now.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn

gali wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 11:41
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 08:45 My page says I did not qualify for the Twitter Rewards yesterday, however I did all the steps necessary to qualify. The page also showed that the book from yesterday was confirmed to be in my book shelves.
I know I don't qualify for the official "Twitter Rewards" bc I'm level 0 but I have been doing the thirty day post streak. I got it for three days and then for some reason it didn't go through yesterday.
gali

Post by gali »

Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 12:19
I know I don't qualify for the official "Twitter Rewards" bc I'm level 0 but I have been doing the thirty day post streak. I got it for three days and then for some reason it didn't go through yesterday.
Are you talking about the Twitter program or the Giveaway?

There is only one official Twitter program. You don't qualify because of your level, so doing the steps won't change that. You can share and do all the requirements for the Twitter program, but you won't get the credit for it, get paid for it, or be part of the program. You need to increase your level to be eligible.

If you meant the Giveaway, you need to share the BOTD via the twitter button on the Giveaway Page for it to count.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn

gali wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 14:24

There is only one official Twitter program. You don't qualify because of your level, so doing the steps won't change that. You can share and do all the requirements for the Twitter program, but you won't get the credit for it, get paid for it, or be part of the program. You need to increase your level to be eligible.

If you meant the Giveaway, you need to share the BOTD via the twitter button on the Giveaway Page for it to count.
I do the daily giveaway on the $20 giveaway page. I'm talking about the Twitter Sharing thing for points. It's still red for yesterday and I didn't get the point for it. I dunno but my Twitter thing is set up for $5 after 30 consecutive days on the Twitter rewards tab.
gali

Post by gali »

Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 17:08
gali wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 14:24

I do the daily giveaway on the $20 giveaway page. I'm talking about the Twitter Sharing thing for points. It's still red for yesterday and I didn't get the point for it. I dunno but my Twitter thing is set up for $5 after 30 consecutive days on the Twitter rewards tab.
I am not sure I follow. I think you are confusing two different things.

If you mean the bonus points on your score tab, and you should make sure you connected your Twitter account via the Giveaway Page.

Regrading the Twitter program, you can only participate and get paid if you are level 3 and up. As you aren't, you are not in the program. Your Twitter dashboard should say that.
A retired Admin/Mod

Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I am also having trouble with Twitter awards. Some books that I have added to my shelves are not being counted as added toward Twitter awards. There will be a message stating "you failed to add this book..." Yet, when I go to my shelves to check because I know I did add it, the book is there. Why is this happening? At this rate, I will never qualify for the awards!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

B Creech wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 15:11 I am also having trouble with Twitter awards. Some books that I have added to my shelves are not being counted as added toward Twitter awards. There will be a message stating "you failed to add this book..." Yet, when I go to my shelves to check because I know I did add it, the book is there. Why is this happening? At this rate, I will never qualify for the awards!
There are sometimes duplicate books on Bookshelves. If you add a duplicate every of the book it won't count, so that may be the problem.

The best way to prevent that is to use the link in the BOTD email. :tiphat: :tiphat:

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Gravy wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 16:06
B Creech wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 15:11 I am also having trouble with Twitter awards. Some books that I have added to my shelves are not being counted as added toward Twitter awards. There will be a message stating "you failed to add this book..." Yet, when I go to my shelves to check because I know I did add it, the book is there. Why is this happening? At this rate, I will never qualify for the awards!
There are sometimes duplicate books on Bookshelves. If you add a duplicate every of the book it won't count, so that may be the problem.

The best way to prevent that is to use the link in the BOTD email. :tiphat: :tiphat:
Ok, thanks. I'll double-check to see if I have duplicate books on any shelves.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Abigail Mora
Currently Reading: Seized
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-mora.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Abigail Mora »

Does anybody know what happens if you miss a day im the twitter rewards program?

And by the way I am level 0, so it won't really count? Eventhough they sent an email of confirmation of registration?

Thanks a lot.
gali

Post by gali »

4bb3y wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 14:17 Does anybody know what happens if you miss a day im the twitter rewards program?

And by the way I am level 0, so it won't really count? Eventhough they sent an email of confirmation of registration?

Thanks a lot.

If it is only one day, it should be ok. However, only level 3 and up reviewers can participate in the program.
A retired Admin/Mod

Rachel_Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Leadership by Craig B. Whelden

Post by Rachel_Emmanuel »

I just registered for the Twitter Rewards. However while registering and trying to type in my Twitter handle, without completing it, I pushed the submit button by mistake. How do I get to change it please?
#RecordBreaker
gali

Post by gali »

Rachel_Emmanuel wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 20:53 I just registered for the Twitter Rewards. However while registering and trying to type in my Twitter handle, without completing it, I pushed the submit button by mistake. How do I get to change it please?
By contacting Scott about it via the Contact Page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”