Bookshelves and its benefits

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Emmanuel Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-michael.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Bookshelves and its benefits

Post by Emmanuel Michael »

The bookshelf is a free app that makes someone keep record of books he/she has read, wants to read or is currently reading; that is good but if the bookshelf can also serve another purpose. The bookshelf can have another feature that can allow the user to view and read the books while online.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Emmanuel Michael wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 15:54 The bookshelf is a free app that makes someone keep record of books he/she has read, wants to read or is currently reading; that is good but if the bookshelf can also serve another purpose. The bookshelf can have another feature that can allow the user to view and read the books while online.
When you click on a book on the bookshelf, it will usually give you a purchase link. Usually to Amazon, sometimes to Barnes & Noble. I know with Amazon, after purchasing the book, that you can open up the books in the Kindle app on your computer.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
aeblackwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by aeblackwell »

Has anyone had issues putting book length information into bookshelves?
It has a place for word count not page number and when I tried to add a page number count it says the entire novel is 500 words not 448 pages. Page count would certainly be more helpful as that is what is reported by the publishers.
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

I am loving the bookshelf for Want to Read. BOTD gives me reading ideas, but I can't read a book per day. It takes me sometimes a week to read a book, then do a review. If something is interesting, I can put it on this shelf and read it later.
Since I have Kindle Unlimited, this is really helpful.
Irene C
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-c.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Irene C »

aeblackwell wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 19:24 Has anyone had issues putting book length information into bookshelves?
It has a place for word count not page number and when I tried to add a page number count it says the entire novel is 500 words not 448 pages. Page count would certainly be more helpful as that is what is reported by the publishers.
Yes, bookshelves really should have a line to report page count.
History is not a burden on the memory but an illumination of the soul. Lord Acton
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

Emmanuel Michael wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 15:54 The bookshelf is a free app that makes someone keep record of books he/she has read, wants to read or is currently reading; that is good but if the bookshelf can also serve another purpose. The bookshelf can have another feature that can allow the user to view and read the books while online.
I don't wish to sit in front of a computer to enjoy a book. I would like to move around. Most of the time, I'm driving and so I listen to audiobooks. If you have reader apps; Ipad, kindle and so forth, there is no reason that you can't read them online but through your application.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is exactly what I am thinking. It would be so convenient and effortless. More persons would be reading more books.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I wish there was a choice of "Not interested in Reading" but not trashing at the same time. I don't necessarily want to trash a book I just don't want to read. It just means never in the near future, but it's not worthy to go in a trash can. :animals-fishblue: :character-sebastian:
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”