Possibly getting an App [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Possibly getting an App

Post by Preye I »

An app would be awesome and make writing on forums better. I love that I idea. But if they do I hope it is similar to the website because the website is amazing.
Viking_Mama25
Currently Reading: The Winemaker's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 137

Post by Viking_Mama25 »

I believe I've seen and downloaded said app, but I don't find it to be very useful as I'm unable to read my current books on it. I am however able to read a few interesting titles on it, so there is a "plus". I'd really love to see this app take off!
Israel ola2007
Favorite Author: getrude warner
Currently Reading: Sleepy Hollow Mystery
Bookshelf Size: 309
fav_author_id: 241237

Post by Israel ola2007 »

Pls is there a desktop version of the app?
"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: that is the ideal life"
Mark Twain
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Israel ola2007 wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 15:02 Pls is there a desktop version of the app?
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out! From what I was able to find, there isn't a desktop version of the app available at this time. The app is available on the Apple store and Google Play store at the following links-

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/obc-reader/id1592390086

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ader&gl=US

Kindly let me know if I can be of further assistance. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Tonia Freeman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonia-freeman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tonia Freeman »

I'm confused. I looked in the app store and it only has it listed as an EReader not the site with all the info in the app. Is that still being created?
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Tonia Freeman wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 16:11 I'm confused. I looked in the app store and it only has it listed as an EReader not the site with all the info in the app. Is that still being created?
Hello.

Thank you for the inquiry. The developers are still working to improve the OBC e-reader app. I will update you if they start working on the app you suggested here.

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Sandy Maxey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandy-maxey.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Sandy Maxey »

An app would be very helpful. I find this site very cumbersome to use. It shows I received a response to my first review, but I have been clicking all over and I can't find a way to get to it anywhere. You could spend weeks going through the forums trying to find answers. Need more option for searching things.

Sandy
Melisa Jane
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Sandy Maxey wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 15:25 An app would be very helpful. I find this site very cumbersome to use. It shows I received a response to my first review, but I have been clicking all over and I can't find a way to get to it anywhere. You could spend weeks going through the forums trying to find answers. Need more option for searching things.

Sandy
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. If your review shows one reply, it means you haven't received any replies on your review. By default, the system counts the review itself as a reply. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen

~ Scott Hughes
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

I agree with you. Going through the internet all the time is not interesting at all.
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Comfort Ansah wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 05:31 I agree with you. Going through the internet all the time is not interesting at all.
Hi.

Thank you for the insight. Kindly note that even after the app is developed, you'll need an internet connection as most of the activities cannot be done offline.

Thank you.

~ Scott Hughes
Erica Kingman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Erica Kingman »

Hi. I am considering buying an e- reader and not sure which to go for. Can I read OBC books on a Kindle or Kobo ?
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Erica Kingman wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 04:51 Hi. I am considering buying an e- reader and not sure which to go for. Can I read OBC books on a Kindle or Kobo ?
Hi Erica,

And thank you for reaching out. Please note that the available formats for every book are listed in the review requests. Kindle books would require Kindle App. OBC E-reader App is useful for many other formats. Both are free to download. Kindle Unlimited and audible require monthly subscriptions from Amazon. I hope this helps.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Thank you,,
Kirsi

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”