Free Choice Genre Discussion (June '23)

June 2023 is a free choice genre! You can read whatever genre you'd like!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Free Choice Genre Discussion (June '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hi everyone! So, I flubbed on this month's poll, so let's do a free choice month where we can discuss whatever books we're reading. I'm sure there are plenty of books on our TBR list that we can use for this month's discussion!

Here are some questions to guide discussion for the remainder of this month:
  • What book did you read or are currently reading?
  • Share the genre(s) included of your book.
  • Did the author portray the genre(s) well?
  • Is this a genre you tend to lean towards?
  • Please share your rating and recommendation.
Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy this month's discussion! :techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:13 Hi everyone! So, I flubbed on this month's poll, so let's do a free choice month where we can discuss whatever books we're reading. I'm sure there are plenty of books on our TBR list that we can use for this month's discussion!

Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy this month's discussion! :techie-studyingbrown:
Hi, there Heidi! It's been a few days since we didn't chat. I've been very busy with my studies and only Sunday and Saturday is my free time! But still, I really like commenting on your post because, to be honest, I found them engaging:D So, I hope you will keep posting them, and I'm also confused too why you didn't create a poll😅😅But I understand that you are busy and maybe you could make a poll next month! So, let's back to the discussion😅😅

I currently reading The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chanini and it was fine so far :). The genres of the book are Middle-grade(my usual favorite genre😅), young-adult, fantasy, magic, and Adventure. Yes, the author portrays the genre well like there's some magic scene where they use their magic to defeat the villain. Yes, I like the genres and those genres I wanted to read so it was interesting so far:). I haven't finished reading it yet but I guess I will finish reading it soon!
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 23:21
Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:13 Hi everyone! So, I flubbed on this month's poll, so let's do a free choice month where we can discuss whatever books we're reading. I'm sure there are plenty of books on our TBR list that we can use for this month's discussion!

Hi, there Heidi! It's been a few days since we didn't chat. I've been very busy with my studies and only Sunday and Saturday is my free time! But still, I really like commenting on your post because, to be honest, I found them engaging:D So, I hope you will keep posting them, and I'm also confused too why you didn't create a poll😅😅But I understand that you are busy and maybe you could make a poll next month! So, let's back to the discussion😅😅

I currently reading The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chanini and it was fine so far :). The genres of the book are Middle-grade(my usual favorite genre😅), young-adult, fantasy, magic, and Adventure. Yes, the author portrays the genre well like there's some magic scene where they use their magic to defeat the villain. Yes, I like the genres and those genres I wanted to read so it was interesting so far:). I haven't finished reading it yet but I guess I will finish reading it soon!
Hi there! It has been a bit of time since we've chatted. I started a new position and my little ones always keep me busy! Aww, thank you for saying that you like commenting on my posts. That is so kind of you. :) I like having conversations with you too! And yes! I will absolutely keep posting the poll each month. This past month, my time just slipped away, but I'll make sure to do one for next month!

I just looked up The School for Good and Evil, and it sounds like a book that I would enjoy, as well. Thank you for sharing! Please do let me know if you end up enjoying it when you finish reading it!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

What book did you read or are currently reading?
I've been reading The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (for a while now because it's been hard to find time to read!). My goal is to finish it this month.

Share the genre(s) included of your book.
It's a mix of contemporary fiction and historical fiction.

Did the author portray the genre(s) well?
So far, yes, the author is portraying the genres well, especially when it comes to the topic of race in the 1950s/1960s.

Is this a genre you tend to lean towards?
I do enjoy a good historical fiction, so yes, I do lean towards this genre versus some others.

Please share your rating and recommendation.
I'm not done yet, but will post back when I do!
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 14:41

Hi there! It has been a bit of time since we've chatted. I started a new position and my little ones always keep me busy! Aww, thank you for saying that you like commenting on my posts. That is so kind of you. :) I like having conversations with you too! And yes! I will absolutely keep posting the poll each month. This past month, my time just slipped away, but I'll make sure to do one for next month!

I just looked up The School for Good and Evil, and it sounds like a book that I would enjoy, as well. Thank you for sharing! Please do let me know if you end up enjoying it when you finish reading it!
I'm glad to hear you doing great and that you also like having conversations with me😊😊It's nice that I have someone to talk to with my books stuff haha. I hope you like it when you're reading it. You're welcome! I like to share some of my books that I'm interested to talk about😊😊I'll let you know when I'm finished reading the book! Happy Reading😊😊
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 06:11
Heidi M Simone wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 14:41

I'm glad to hear you doing great and that you also like having conversations with me😊😊It's nice that I have someone to talk to with my books stuff haha. I hope you like it when you're reading it. You're welcome! I like to share some of my books that I'm interested to talk about😊😊I'll let you know when I'm finished reading the book! Happy Reading😊😊
Of course! Thank you! I like it so far. I wouldn't say it's the best book I've read, but it's interesting enough to continue reading. Definitely let me know when you finish! I will be curious on your thoughts of The School for Good and Evil. I'll let you know when I'm done with mine. Happy Reading to you too! :)
Heidi

Return to “June 2023 Genre Discussion”