Mother-Child Relationship Book Discussion (May '23)

For May 2023, we will be reading books focusing on Mother-Daughter/Son Relationships to celebrate Mother's Day!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Mother-Child Relationship Book Discussion (May '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

We will be reading books focusing on Mother-Daughter/Son Relationships to celebrate Mother's Day this month!

A mother or mother figure is so very important in a child's life, whether young or grown. Without moms, none of us would be here, and there is something about just needing your mom when you're not feeling the greatest, or when you want to share exciting news. Let's celebrate all kinds of moms and mother figures out there this month by reading books that focus on that special relationship between a child and a mother. :heart:

Here are some guiding questions to generate discussion:
  • What book did you read?
  • Who was the primary relationship between? (mom-daughter, mom-son, etc.)
  • Were there other genres woven into the text? If so, which one(s)?
  • Share what the book was about.
  • Provide a rating and target audience.
Can't wait to read what everyone has read! :techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 01 May 2023, 21:16 We will be reading books focusing on Mother-Daughter/Son Relationships to celebrate Mother's Day this month!

A mother or mother figure is so very important in a child's life, whether young or grown. Without moms, none of us would be here, and there is something about just needing your mom when you're not feeling the greatest, or when you want to share exciting news. Let's celebrate all kinds of moms and mother figures out there this month by reading books that focus on that special relationship between a child and a mother. :heart:

I'm also excited about what everyone has read about Mother-Child Relationship books. There are a lot of books I want to read about the Mother-daughter relationship and I was thinking to read in next week:)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Yes, me too! I'm also thinking of starting one soon. Hopefully by this weekend!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 01 May 2023, 21:16 We will be reading books focusing on Mother-Daughter/Son Relationships to celebrate Mother's Day this month!

I already read one! I read the book Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple and I gave it 5 stars! The relationship is between mother and daughter. There are also other genres like mystery, humor, family, etc. The book was about Ms.fox daughter Bernadette or Bee for short wants a trip to Antarctica as a reward for perfect grades. But Bee disappears and that's when the plot started. I gave it 5 stars and the target audience are young adults and adults. The plot was interesting and I enjoyed reading it:)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 24 May 2023, 06:27

I already read one! I read the book Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple and I gave it 5 stars! The relationship is between mother and daughter. There are also other genres like mystery, humor, family, etc. The book was about Ms.fox daughter Bernadette or Bee for short wants a trip to Antarctica as a reward for perfect grades. But Bee disappears and that's when the plot started. I gave it 5 stars and the target audience are young adults and adults. The plot was interesting and I enjoyed reading it:)
This sounds like a very interesting story, and I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Wow, I like when books start off with a mystery (Bee's disappearance). If it's done right, then the story ends up throwing me in several different loops, which makes the book very exciting.

I'll have to check Where'd You Go, Bernadette out! Thank you for sharing!
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 09:57
Rosesbookpicks wrote: 24 May 2023, 06:27

This sounds like a very interesting story, and I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Wow, I like when books start off with a mystery (Bee's disappearance). If it's done right, then the story ends up throwing me in several different loops, which makes the book very exciting.

I'll have to check Where'd You Go, Bernadette out! Thank you for sharing!
I'm glad you found it interesting! And you're welcome:)

Return to “May 2023 Genre Discussion”