Do you have a special collection?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Dauria04
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Do you have a special collection?

Post by Dauria04 »

I've collected stickers ever since I was a little girl, I'm only starting to use them now, There's no more room to store them :lol:
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Dauria04 wrote: 11 May 2023, 08:33 I've collected stickers ever since I was a little girl, I'm only starting to use them now, There's no more room to store them :lol:
I have a huge collection of stickers, but I use them as well and buy more. Long ago, my little sister asked me to get her a collection of stickers as mine ,so I made another small collection for her.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I have also a very nice collection of shells. My favorite time on the beach is when I walk along the beach to collect shells. I have shells from different beaches in different countries.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 09 May 2023, 14:39 Hmm...does a book collection count? Haha, I have a ton of books. Some I've read, some I've been meaning to read, and some that I don't actually know I'll read. It's so strange because even though I have several books that I can read, I keep asking for more for my birthdays and Christmas. :lol:
Same hahaha :techie-studyinggray:
I don't know what else I could consider a collection nowadays, but when I was young (this is a little macabre, I am sorry), I used to go to the lake and collect all the animal teeth I could find. I had display cases and all :facepalm:
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

I have a collection of a 'Pen', I'm using only one brand pen from my school days. Now, I have their bodies with me as a collection. I call them a Luxor Family Pen.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

I collect coffee mugs. It’s a fun way to remember places we’ve been to, and they’re useful too!
Anna_Hernandez
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: American Dirt
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-hernandez.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Anna_Hernandez »

My mom collects shells from whichever beach we visit. While it's a lovely hobby, it can be cumbersome to pack and fly with the shells without accidentally breaking them. That's why I prefer to collect sand instead :) Every time we visit a beach, I bring a plastic bag to gather some sand. Once I get home, I transfer it to a small glass vial, label it, and add it to my bookshelves. It's a simple way to preserve a piece of every beach I've been to.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Kavita Shah wrote: 08 May 2023, 01:55
Brenda Creech wrote: 08 May 2023, 00:05 I have two collections. As a retired nurse, I collect nursing figurines. I also collect lighthouses. I love pictures of lighthouses, so I started collecting different ones I would run across in various stores, and my daughter always brings me a lighthouse when she goes on vacation anywhere near the ocean!
Wow, that's some nice collections Brenda. Nursing figurines and lighthouse pics. 📸 Dedication to your collection — Good job!
Your daughter sounds like a wonderful person. She bring back a lighthouse because she knows you like them.(⌒▽⌒)
Thanks! I love both of my collections and yes, my daughter is a wonderful person!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Romeo Aiyabei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romeo-aiyabei.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Romeo Aiyabei »

As a trans person, I collect bottles of HRT instead of just throwing them away. The original hope was to make something out of them one day, but now I'm not sure that's necessary. Just having them in a drawer to remind me of how far I've come is good enough for me and I'm not creative enough to make some kind of art out of the bottles lol.

In the past, I used to collect memes and not just digitally. I would also print them out and physically store them. The reasoning? I'm unsure since I also just had them on my computer and never had a use for physically having memes. I was using up my parent's printer ink for no reason.
I also used to collect stuffed animals... before my dad threw them away lol. Now I just have my one favorite childhood stuffed animal and I let my siblings have the few others that are left.
Oh, and I almost forgot, as a kid I used to have a very big rock collection. I had hundreds of rocks! I'm actually not sure what happened to the collection lol.
Romeo Aiyabei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romeo-aiyabei.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Romeo Aiyabei »

Dauria04 wrote: 11 May 2023, 08:33 I've collected stickers ever since I was a little girl, I'm only starting to use them now, There's no more room to store them :lol:
I also used to collect stickers when I was younger but I don't have the collection with me anymore.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I've always been a huge reader and the first books I fell in love with were Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. Over the years, I have managed to collect over 20 books in the Shadowhunter Chronicles. It may not sound like a lot to some people but they are my prized possessions!
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Savina Visintin »

I have many collections. I collect postcards, autographs, and books, and every new piece brings me joy! :D
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

As a teen, I used to have a collection of vocabulary. I used to pen down all complex/unfamiliar words with their meanings. That really improved my diction!
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Romeo Aiyabei wrote: 18 May 2023, 19:33 As a trans person, I collect bottles of HRT instead of just throwing them away. The original hope was to make something out of them one day, but now I'm not sure that's necessary. Just having them in a drawer to remind me of how far I've come is good enough for me and I'm not creative enough to make some kind of art out of the bottles lol.

In the past, I used to collect memes and not just digitally. I would also print them out and physically store them. The reasoning? I'm unsure since I also just had them on my computer and never had a use for physically having memes. I was using up my parent's printer ink for no reason.
I also used to collect stuffed animals... before my dad threw them away lol. Now I just have my one favorite childhood stuffed animal and I let my siblings have the few others that are left.
Oh, and I almost forgot, as a kid I used to have a very big rock collection. I had hundreds of rocks! I'm actually not sure what happened to the collection lol.
I don't think anyone is poor or "not creative" in anything. Perhaps, you can give it a try to create art out of the HRT bottles? Kudos for mentioning the transition part. Really uplifting!
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Anna_Hernandez wrote: 13 May 2023, 01:10 My mom collects shells from whichever beach we visit. While it's a lovely hobby, it can be cumbersome to pack and fly with the shells without accidentally breaking them. That's why I prefer to collect sand instead :) Every time we visit a beach, I bring a plastic bag to gather some sand. Once I get home, I transfer it to a small glass vial, label it, and add it to my bookshelves. It's a simple way to preserve a piece of every beach I've been to.
This reminds me of my young cousin whose family lives in a coastal region. He brings me shells whenever he visits and confirms I've kept them safely during his next visit. It's really wholesome!
Wait, you collect sand? Forgive me for being naive, but doesn't sand stink when placed in an enclosed jar over a period of time?

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”