Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Katie_LeMieux95
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by Katie_LeMieux95 »

I have a kindle. Although I do love the convenience my kindle offers, such as not having to carry around my library, I do still crave the simplistic joy of inked paper between my fingers. Having a kindle definitely hasn't rid me of my need to curl up with a hardback or paperback ever now and again. It does however save money in the long run in my opinion. It is much easier to shop around and find the best deals on books which is great and you can get a book instantly.

The pros really do outweigh the cons. But if you're anything like me you will probably still buy physical copies for the enjoyment of it.

Hope I was able to help :)
wagthefox
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by wagthefox »

I have the basic Kindle and it works great. It's my 2nd though, because my first one wound up with a faulty battery after a year and a half. So far so good with this one.
writingnut
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by writingnut »

I have the Kindle app on my phone and tablet. I absolutely love to use it while traveling. It still does not, nor ever will repiace the new book smell - yes I am weird too!
sophieee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophieee.html

Post by sophieee »

I don't have a kindle at the moment, but I am planning to get one.

I have weighed the pros and cons of having a kindle, but the pros have outweighed to cons.

Great save of money, and better for the environment. :D
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I love my kindle! It makes it so much easier to read when traveling. And easier to buy new books when I'm not home.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Muhammad Nadeem
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 456
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-nadeem.html
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Muhammad Nadeem »

Yes I have a Kindle and I love it. I still remember the excitement when I buy Kindle. It helps me a lot to read more books.
TAC
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tac.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by TAC »

I love the smell of a bookstore, library and opening a brand new book. With that said, i do have had a nook and a kindle. What I like most is that I read soooo much that I forget what I have already read and an e-reader prevents me from buying a book I already read. I went from a Nook to the Kindle because Amazon offers so many more free books. With free books I get to sample a new author to see if I like them and then see what else they offer.
A_Rosenbaum

Post by A_Rosenbaum »

For the longest time I was purely a paperback kind of girl .I still love the smell and feel of a print book.
That being said, my Kindle has been a god send. I can feed my ridiculous addiction (yay for amazon prime) with all the free books I can get my hands on. I made the initial mistake of getting a kindle without a back light, and that was a nuisance. I know how the kindle with the backlight and am in the high 300's for books read this year.
Life is good! So worth the 8 bucks a month to have access to so many books
HarshmanM
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshmanm.html

Post by HarshmanM »

I made the mistake of jumping on the technology bandwagon when e-readers were the things to have. I fought with myself, knowing my love for the feel of a real book, and gave in to the "it's more convenient" argument. I quickly came to realize that the atmosphere of respect one receives from onlookers dissipates when your nose is shoved in devices of technology instead of the sweet smelling pages of books. My reading time decreased because I felt disrespectful of others when I was using my e reader, there's something so innocent in reading a book that's completely thrown out the window when you pick up a device instead. I also suffered from headaches with too much "screen time", so I quickly rid myself of the e-reader and ran back to the welcoming arms of my old-fashioned books.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I actually have few. I have a Kindle Fire 6. A Kindle Fire 6 HD that I just won and a Kindle Fire 7 that I also won and have that in my room. I have it on a stand that attaches to my bed and I either read or watch shows on it at night. I just ordered the Kindle Fire 8. This one is on sale for Cyber Monday so I had to get it. My iPad is doing funny things and I can't afford another one so I figured that the Kindle 8 would suffice. I like that this one has micro ds card capability. I love my Kindle Fires obviously...lol.
starmovie14
Currently Reading: The Girl You Lost
Bookshelf Size: 102

Post by starmovie14 »

I am currently on my second kindle. I was unsure that I ever really wanted one, but I received the first one for Christmas a few years ago. I didn't really attempt to seriously use it for almost a year. I work in a prison and no electronics are allowed so I at first found it pointless. I thought I'd miss holding a book, the smell, the visualization of seeing your progress. I was wrong. I love my kindle. It fits in my purse and travels quite well. I always have another book at my finger tips, so no fear of not having enough reading material. In addition to owning 2 versions of the kindle, I also always download the app on my phones, tablets, and computers, because you just never know when you'll be in need of a book. I also like that even though I am reading a selection on my kindle device, i can log into my account on any other platform and it will ask if you wouldn't like to sync to where you left off. Brilliant. I put my kindle in a waterproof etc case and it is much easier to use in a pool, hot tub, and bath. I do still have a soft spot for an actual book, but since I still am unable to use my kindle or any device at work I always have a few books ready to read for there. At most any given time I typically am found to be reading two books at a time.
mommy2ivy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommy2ivy.html

Post by mommy2ivy »

I am on my third Kindle with the current one being the Kindle Fire. So far it is my favorite of the devices because it is dual purpose for me. I use it like a tablet as well as an e reader. :techie-studyingbrown:
em_mozingo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-em-mozingo.html

Post by em_mozingo »

I have a kindle fire and love it! Nothing will ever beat the joy that a printed book brings but it's great to have the convenience of the e-reader. I love that I can use the app Overdrive to check out e-books from my local library when the print version may not be available.

-- 08 Jan 2017, 21:11 --

I have a kindle fire and love it! Nothing will ever beat the joy that a printed book brings but it's great to have the convenience of the e-reader. I love that I can use the app Overdrive to check out e-books from my local library when the print version may not be available.
yasasv
Currently Reading: Freakonomics
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by yasasv »

Ya, I'm having kindle but I prefer not to use it because the feel we get by reading a book in paperback or hard-book format is much more than the feel we get by reading book in a kindle. I personally don't get the interest to read for long time when I use my kindle. But, it helps me sometimes as in cases like when the physical book costs me more then I go for kindle. Similarly some books involve difficult terminology and tougher words, in such cases also kindle helps me a lot by removing the need to open the dictionary frequently as it has inbuilt dictionary in it.
Finally, the need to use kindle is a matter of personal judgment. I suggest to use it only when necessary. I always prefer physical copy of a book than a e-book.
Thankyou.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I have a Kindle and I love. It's less bulky than a physical book. However, I still love actual books and always will.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”