Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
skies
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by skies »

I have a kindle and use it for ebooks, though I am not entirely conversant solving problems that arise with it, and with some of the things that don't seem to work when I am told they will. So it is somewhat of a mystery to me even after having it for a while. I'd welcome any good advice on techniques of using more effectively than I do now. I am also an avid book reader as well sometimes one or the other for what seem to be obscure reasons I suppose.
DesireeRose
Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by DesireeRose »

I love my Kindle Paperwhite for reading, because it is not hard on your eyes. Any other Kindles are not worth it.

However, I would still prefer reading a physical book over reading on my Paperwhite any day.
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

When the Kindle first came out, my parents got it for me as a Christmas gift. I was in love. They hated how easy it was for me to keep getting new books. Eventually, it fell out of use and life went on. Flash forward to 2017 and I buy the Kindle Fire 2 on a whim, and I haven't been without reading material since. Yes, yes I love it
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Tip the Bottle wrote: 28 Apr 2011, 15:15
Euphoriameantime wrote:
Tip the Bottle wrote:

Ever just crack a book open in the middle and bury you nose in it? It's the little things like that that puts a smile on your face.

If you're ever in New York City and want a really fantastic smell go to the New York Public Library old paper and ink it's as nice as smelling roses. :D
It's funny you should say that! I love going to the Old Toronto Public Library for just that reason.

I think you've just hatched a new dream for me. Traveling and smelling libraries.

Next time you check a book out, perhaps you should think about all the weirdos out there who have been sticking their noses in it and sniffing. So, so good. So, so happy!
Wow....ewww...now the next time I smell a book I'm going to think about that.
:P
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I have a kindle on my mobile and so far I'm loving it...
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Troncal2
Favorite Author: Charlie N. Holmberg
Currently Reading: The Fifth Doll
Bookshelf Size: 63
fav_author_id: 3263

Post by Troncal2 »

I have a kindle. In fact I’ve had 3 total. I love it. I was worried that I would miss the feel of a book in my hands. This has proven not to be the case. I love having all my books in one place and the fact that it has decreased my book clutter. Having said that, I still have my favorite books on my bookshelf and books I love scattered around the house. I still frequent book stores and libraries to purchase books I know I’ll want to keep forever.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I adore my kindle, I've had it less than a year and I love it. I never knew how quickly I could read through a book, without my eyes getting tired and constantly losing my spot or even what page I was on. I honestly wish I had gotten a kindle sooner.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I'm so looking torward to owning one! :tiphat:
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
krithikagowri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krithikagowri.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by krithikagowri »

I own a kindle paperwhite and it is going to be a year now. I got it after a lot of self debate since many of my books are in epub format and changing it to mobi to read in kindle in PITA. I'm short I use kindle if I read a mobi format(not frequent ) otherwise it is my mobile.
Heidi2SS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Heidi2SS »

I have the Amazon Kindle app on my smartphone and tablet and I am very satisfied with it. It is a great app and handy.. Especially when I have to wait in ques and during lunch time at work. Yhe big pro is than one don't need to put on a light when you want to read your book in the evening or at night time.
Momsboys2

Post by Momsboys2 »

I have had a Kindle for 4-5 years, I love it! I too was a book buyer, I would purchase 2-3 each week as I am an avid reader. It got both expensive and I had a huge stock pile of read books. I traded them for awhile but that fad has run its course in the area where I live. So I would sell them for a huge loss at garage sales. Now I purchase electronically it’s easy and much cheaper too! Most are free, I rarely pay more than $1.99. I do not miss the actual book while reading. The Kindle is small, travels easy and I sincerely enjoy reading on it. The Kindle library is easy to view and sort thru. Take the leap!
Hudiehans

Post by Hudiehans »

I swore I would never own a Kindle for all of your above reasons, but someone gave me one, and now I can't imagine not having it. I still read books; always have one in the car, in my backpack, luggage, beach bag, etc. but... I have 250 plus books loaded on my Kindle. How can you beat that?
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by morenikeji100 »

Thanks for the replies, I don't have a kiddle yet, but I'll try to get it very soon.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

I have a kindle, in fact have had one for a few years now. My husband was getting a little annoyed with the amount of space my hundreds of books took up. I have always been a book alcoholic. So, I donated all my books to charity and bought a kindle. I love it. I love the fact that I can buy a "book" whenever I want and I don't need to leave the house to do and it only takes a minute. Go for it, I'm sure you won't regret it
Lakota1

Post by Lakota1 »

I have a kindle fire and I love it I don't have all the books Laying around and taking up space I don't have room for a bookcase full of books, My kindle has a light so I can Read it with the lights out which I love it doesn't bother nobody else I just really love my kindle fire I really don't buy any paper bag books anymore & I will not part with it .

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”