Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
lvaughn331
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lvaughn331.html

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by lvaughn331 »

I live kindle! I have the kindle unlimited so I get to read all kinds of books for only 10.00 a month and I love it!
Saraheve
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Virals</a>
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saraheve.html

Post by Saraheve »

I had a Kindle but it broke.... But it was not my fault it just stop charging then died
EDNA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edna.html
Latest Review: Los Vuelos del Deseo by Manelick de la Parra

Post by EDNA »

My first one was a Kindle Touch, and I absolutely loved it, except for one very thing: its screen didn't light up:( So I was always depending on external light sources to allow me to read at ease. This condition prevented me from reading during those boring meetings I usually have at my workplace in the darkness of the auditorium. I know you can buy one of those little lamps (on ebay for instance) and attach it to the screen, but it's not descreet enough when you attempt to read at times you are not supposed to (he-he).

So I decided to buy a kindle Paperwhite, and it's been a couple of years now since I first got it. Now, I can say it's been a real pleasure to read in the dark, let's say when I go home and share the room with my mom, or simply when I have to get up at 5 a.m. and I feel so worn out and sleepy to turn on the light right away (I'm kind of a vampire I guess). The touch function is awsome and the direct access to dictionaries saves me a lot of time. Now I store as many books as I want and read them anywhere; like when I'm in line at the bank, when I wait for my turn at the restaurant, while waiting for my appointment at the doctor's or hairdresser's (just kidding... I rarelly go to hairdressers). I'm really fond of my kindle now, and it's become the most wonderful toy I have ever had.
:wink:
savagerose

Post by savagerose »

I have two kindles at home and although I do occasionally use it. There are pros and cons regarding using the Kindle. I appreciate the convenience of making a kindle purchase and getting to read the book immediately. It also saves space if you're a book addict and you have tons of books all over the place. It's also great for travel, it saves room in your luggage and you don't have to lug around 2-3 books on vacation. Yet, no matter how much I like about the Kindle, I still enjoy reaching for a paper book. I like to hold it, feel it, flip the pages and just like the previous member stated, I enjoy the smell of a real book.
Mag
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mag.html

Post by Mag »

I really love my kindle. I think it's extremely convenient, especially when I find myself waiting in a line or any other type of downtime situation. However, when it comes to kids books and reading to my little one, I stick to traditional books.
Texas_Girl928
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-girl928.html

Post by Texas_Girl928 »

I have the kindle paperwhite and it's awesome. Lightweight and it lights up so reading in the dark is no problem.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I just bought a kindle fire and I love it. The screen is much larger than my samsung phone although I like that too. I find that my reading has doubled with the larger screen.
sarahmeeks
Currently Reading: Outside The Ropes
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by sarahmeeks »

I have the Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite and I love them both. I love that I can take so many books with me where ever I want and the Paperwhite, for me personally, is the most incredible e reader out there.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html

Post by Vermont Reviews »

sarahmeeks wrote:I have the Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite and I love them both. I love that I can take so many books with me where ever I want and the Paperwhite, for me personally, is the most incredible e reader out there.

Agreed

Vermont Reviews
NLB

Post by NLB »

I happen to love my kindle. I can go to Amazon and with a click buy the books I've been waiting for. Otherwise, I have to drive an hour to a large bookstore...so this is perfect for me. Sad to say my kindle has replaced my books, I always did hate holding the pages down though so this has worked out great for me. I also love to read while in bed at night and the hubby doesn't mind as long as I have the light turned down dim. :D
SABernier12
Currently Reading: The Stand
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabernier12.html

Post by SABernier12 »

I have the very first kindle, with the little keyboard, and I love it. The screen does not have a glare, so the page is very similar to the appearance of an actual page in a book. I love that I can see the percentage of the book that I have read, and that the pages don't flip when the wind hits me. Lol! I still read real-life books, however, when traveling it is much simpler (and lighter) to bring my kindle along.

SABernier
dina s
Currently Reading: Taken - A Many Lives Story
Bookshelf Size: 440

Post by dina s »

I have a Nook and Kindle, but still love a paperback, it's the fun of turning pages and holding it. I do read on the kindle some, sadly not the nook, but I notice that I tend to skip more on the kindle.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker

Post by barb429 »

I have a Kindle Fire and I love it. Although I still love a paper book, having the Kindle has been very handy for when I am on a trip and don't want to carry several books around with me. I also have found it helpful when there is a book that I want to own, but I don't have room on my bookshelves for it. I will always love having physical books, but there are definitely times that my Kindle is more convenient.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

SABernier12 wrote:I have the very first kindle, with the little keyboard, and I love it. The screen does not have a glare, so the page is very similar to the appearance of an actual page in a book. I love that I can see the percentage of the book that I have read, and that the pages don't flip when the wind hits me. Lol! I still read real-life books, however, when traveling it is much simpler (and lighter) to bring my kindle along.

SABernier
Mine also is of the ancient variety. :lol:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
holly_bee 9O
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by holly_bee 9O »

I have a kindle.. However, I must admit I think I've used it twice, three times maximum.

I LOVE buying new books, and holding a book, turning the pages. It's part of the fun :)!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”