Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Aaliyahlove
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaliyahlove.html

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by Aaliyahlove »

I have the kindle app on my computer,tablet and phone. I like being able to read wherever I want. I buy books that I want to keep and pass down to my child when they get older and be able to understand fully what they are reading.
mrychwa14
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mrychwa14 »

I absolutely love my kindle and have had it for years. My library has kindle books available for renting on their website that are sent straight to my kindle. As much as I do miss my visits to the library I have to admit the convenience of doing that in many ways outweighs the appeal of the library in my town lol.
Onnasky2

Post by Onnasky2 »

I have a kindle but I also have a kindle app on my phone. Honestly I couldn't imagine not having either one of them since I am such a fanatic about reading.
mimiaurora88
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimiaurora88.html

Post by mimiaurora88 »

I have a Kindle and I love but I still read from books.
Carey Barfield
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Carey Barfield »

I have a Kindle Fire and I am very much in love with it. I use it all the time and I don't just read on it, I also play games too. :D
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

I got my Kindle Touch 10/11 and it's still going strong.Absolutely love how light it is to hold one-handed while reading,plus the adjustable text size.The E-ink is very soothing to the eyes for readings.I recently also bought a Kindle Fire,but for playing games and web-surfing. My next Kindle will be the Paper White for the built in light.No retailer can beat Amazon's A to Z guarantee, either!
Keith80
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2860">The Martian</a>
Currently Reading: The Gathering Storm
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keith80.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Keith80 »

I have a Kindle which I use a lot. However I still use our local library a lot too. The feel of a book on your knee, and the capability of going back to check on a specific character's initial scene after however many pages (100, 200) can never be replaced by the Kindle. Sitting by the fire in Winter with a book-book is more satisfactory than with a Kindle. I find the Kindle to be convenient for travel though as I can take 400 books in the space of one slim one. I have a 1500 volume library of book-books which is nicely supplemented by the 450 volumes on my Kindle for patio and travel reading.
D_Nickerson

Post by D_Nickerson »

I absolutely love my Kindle. LOVE it. I don't ever want to be without one, honestly. I will say that I've owned just about every version of the Kindle that's been put out (every time there's a new one my husband buys it for me) and my favorite, by far, is the Paperwhite. I currently have the Voyage but cannot justify the expense of it. It doesn't appear to be that much better than the Paperwhite -- especially not to the naked eye. Supposedly it has more dpi (resolution) but I can't see a difference. It is smaller and lighter BUT even that is relative because the Paperwhite is very light, small, and comfortable to hold.

Just my humble opinion!
lorcan111
Currently Reading: Armageddon
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorcan111.html

Post by lorcan111 »

I had one of the early kindle versions. I believe that they are a lot more sophisticated now. Once I got an iPad and started to use the kindle app I stopped using the original kindle. The only downside is the need to be on wifi to download a book. But it's fantastic because I can't fit any more paper books in my house, as much as I enjoy the feel of a 'real' book.
tracey clark
Currently Reading: Stories in Green Ink
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by tracey clark »

mom and I both have a kindle... she cried when I gave her her first one for her birthday.... said it was the best gift she ever got... the woman reads so fast that the library trips were throwing my back out
Lizzie1113

Post by Lizzie1113 »

Yes! I am actually on my second Kindle. The first one lasted for years then the screen froze and the kindle was dead.I Am happy too say i own my second Kindle paperwhite and it is so much better.
DarkestbeforeDawn
Currently Reading: The Idiot
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkestbeforedawn.html
Latest Review: "Padanaram Village" by Jack Burbank

Post by DarkestbeforeDawn »

I have an Amazon Fire with the Kindle App. I like the Fire because has a lot more capabilities than the Kindle, and the Kindle App leaves me nothing to want. The one advantage I can think of is the Kindle Paperwhite where it gets rid of the glare from bright light.
Latest Review: "Padanaram Village" by Jack Burbank
EmmaBookish
Currently Reading: First
Bookshelf Size: 379

Post by EmmaBookish »

I love my kindle as well as real physical books. The kindle I mainly use for free ebooks, and other self published books that are not available anywhere except as an ebook. That said, I enjoy picking up a real book, the look of books on my shelves etc. The enjoyment factor is higher with real books, but the ease, convenience and cost of ebooks is a lot better than physical books. I would recommend having both to be honest.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I still have my first, old, boring, yet quite dependable original one that I got years ago. :)
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
CoachBsABookReviewer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coachbsabookreviewer.html

Post by CoachBsABookReviewer »

I like my kindle, but I do prefer going the old fashioned route. The kindle is pretty convenient though. Getting a new book at a moments notice is pretty awesome.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”