Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
karlakez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by karlakez »

I have a kindle paperwhite, which I love. I read at night while my husband is sleeping, and my eyesight isn't so hot, so I can make the font as big as I want. I love a regular book too, but the kindle enables me to read anywhere, anytime :-) I am connected to libraryconnection and there is a huge selection of books from my public library. I also listen to audio books on my way back and forth to work and get those from the library with an app called Libby.
chzel7+

Post by chzel7+ »

I have a Kindle. I often use my IPAD because it is what I often have in my hand and usually all of my ebooks are on it.
Courtney Mack

Post by Courtney Mack »

I've had 2 kindles and I must say the convenience of having your books with you all the time , makes it so much easier than having to walk around with the hard copy book itself.
jennyd4521

Post by jennyd4521 »

I love my kindle. I use it instead of books because it travels far better than a paperback book can. I use it almost daily depending on the kids activities and with the camera feature I never miss a perfect picture opportunity. I am currently using a kindle but I think I may expand to a kindlefire. It has more memory for more books to be downloaded. :D
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by docfatima »

Yes, paperwhite... I love it
even miracles take a little time. :angelic-blueglow:
Mxyz
Currently Reading:

Post by Mxyz »

Paperwhite, but I still love and purchase many paperback books because there's nothing like looking at a library full of knowledge that is waiting for you to let it consume it.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

My free Kindle can open the books downloaded from Amazon, can import PDF and .mobi formats, too. It also comes with dictionaries to see the words' meaning so it's pretty convenient. Though I hate it when I can't open more than one book at a time and can't seem to add notes.
Sjtoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sjtoy.html
Latest Review: Marriage Maximized by William Hutcheson

Post by Sjtoy »

I purchased a Kindle Fire shortly after they first came out (2010 I believe). It is still working today! Before that I had the original Kindle. I used to travel a lot when I was younger, and packing multiple books to last weeks was inconvenient. Having a Kindle is great because I can take books anywhere. I love being able to easily look up word definitions and also easily take notes while reading.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I used to have one but it broke down a couple of months back =(
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
shirley77

Post by shirley77 »

i have a kindle and i love it. i have 2 of them one is the kindle fire and the other is just the plain paper white. i used them both sometimes i interchange from sometimes. if im on the go i used the speech text to listen to my books. i have thousands of them already and i get it free from amazon. some of the books i buy like the books who are in series and they are not free. i love the hard or soft covered books as well i miss it coz sometimes if you forgot something and you wanna go back you can always go back especially if you fold that page its easy to find but for kindle you have to go all the way the beginning to look for that particular page.
JB3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jb3.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by JB3 »

I have a Kindle Fire 10 I like it but I prefer having a book to read vs reading on a screen. However, it is much easier to carry around then a stack of books if you are going on a vacation or you are short on space.
Eareeves99
Currently Reading: The Beautiful Ones
Bookshelf Size: 326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eareeves99.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Eareeves99 »

I do love holding real books while reading, but the Kindle has been a game changer. There are four avid readers in our house of five and each of us have bookshelves stuffed with favorite books. We also all have Kindles because we couldn't possibly fit all the books we read into our house. I love Kindle Unlimited and free book findings from various websites; I download anything that sounds good and when I get in that mood where I really don't know what I want to read, I have a whole library to choose from. My newest Kindle has a back light which allows me to read when my husband is sleeping or in the car at night, it is lightweight, and it is compact so I can throw it in my purse without adding bulk.
TomAPo
Currently Reading: They Thought They Were Free
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomapo.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by TomAPo »

I normally read three or four books at the same time. I have a Kindle Fire 8 HD because I like to play games, surf the web, and read my books. Now when traveling I no longer need to lug several books with me, as the Kindle replaces all those books plus my laptop for game playing.
SaraHysaro
Currently Reading: Batman
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by SaraHysaro »

I've been a lot more keen on getting a Kindle recently, now that I've been reading more comics. There's a lot of content that's out of print, but available digitally for practically nothing (and sometimes literally nothing). When it comes to regular novels nothing beats a physical book, but with comics I feel like artists occasionally are stifled by the page size, especially when they stretch one large drawing across both pages. A small portion of that art gets lost in the crease, while this isn't an issue in the digital medium. Being able to save some shelf space in general wouldn't hurt, either! :)
Suzzann Worrell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Suzzann Worrell »

No I don't have a Kindle but I would very much so like to own one

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”