Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » E-Books and E-Readers » Kindle Discussion and Support

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post Number:#346 by Mtsweni Nelsy
» 15 Jul 2017, 15:13

I do have a Kindle, but would prefer to read a hardcopy.
Mtsweni Nelsy

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 24 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#347 by Tamanna
» 17 Jul 2017, 00:29

I have a kindle, but I prefer reading actual, solid books. I love how they feel in my hand, how they smell and adding them to my bookshelf. I tend not to get too into reading on my kindle and I do so only if the hardcopy of the book is too expensive or if I need to travel. When I travel I take around 10 books with me, so using a kindle instead helps reduce all that weight and space.
Tamanna's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Tamanna

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 4%

Post Number:#348 by busycat
» 23 Jul 2017, 10:26

I have a Kindle, but I actually almost never use it because it takes time to haul it out and turn it on. It's an older Kindle also, without color like the Kindle Fire, which may be why I don't feel drawn to it--all that grayscale. I do use my smartphone Kindle app constantly, though, so I'd say I like using Kindle. I read a lot of ebooks and I'm pretty much 50/50 on them vs. print.
busycat's Latest Review: "Talon" by Gigi Sedlmayer
busycat

Currently Reading: Zanthia
Bookshelf Size: 15 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 48 Books
Goal Completion: 20%

Post Number:#349 by michiness
» 23 Jul 2017, 11:51

I struggled for a long time with the idea that reading on a kindle wasn't really reading. But when I started traveling, I quickly realized that it wasn't really feasible to carry books. I bought my kindle and never looked back, since I love that I was able to read and carry all of my long, epic fantasy books in one device.
michiness

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#350 by GathuaM
» 24 Jul 2017, 05:52

Kchirgwi wrote:Do you like your kindle?

Yes i do love my Kindle. It has helped ease the stress that comes with having to carry along a book whenever I want to read. I still love reading hard copies but also love the advance in technology that allows you to read or buy books at the click of a button.
GathuaM's Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
GathuaM

Currently Reading: Heiress Without a Cause
Bookshelf Size: 5 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#351 by erjonas
» 28 Sep 2017, 10:48

Yes! I love my kindle. I was devastated last Christmas when I discovered that I'd managed to break my old kindle at some point on my travel. But when I replaced it with a touch screen version, I've noticed that the user-friendliness of the new one has made me use it even more than the old one :P
erjonas

Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 36 books

Post Number:#352 by Heather_Mc
» 29 Sep 2017, 21:01

I received a Kindle for Christmas last year, and I love it! It's so lightweight and easy to carry, and since I don't have much space for physical bookshelves, it comes in handy for book storage. But I still like paperback books. I go back and forth between paperbacks and my Kindle. Either one is good. :)
Heather_Mc

Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 23 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 40 Books

Post Number:#353 by Joy Christine
» 05 Oct 2017, 11:23

I finally got a Kindle last month. I chose the Oasis with 3G and it is perfect for me. Super lightweight so my hand never get tired. So ergonomically comfortable. Easy on my eyes as I suffer from severe migraines. Beautiful leather charging case and is small enough to always have your library with you. It has changed how I spend my free time.
Joy Christine's Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Joy Christine

Currently Reading: When Things Fall Apart
Bookshelf Size: 13 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Previous