- Posts: 7
- Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 05:24
- Bookshelf Size: 2
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leverett.html
- Latest Review: "Home To Oblivion" by Roger Whittlesey
- Posts: 1559
- Joined: 01 Jan 2013, 19:19
- Favorite Book: The House of the Spirits
- Bookshelf Size: 10
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-charlie.html
- Latest Review: "A Turnkey or Not?" by Tony Levy
The light shuts off if I fall asleep.
I have had no luck borrowing books from our local library, which the Nook I understand is better at, alas, but I have had good luck with my Amazon Prime subscription, I get one free book a month, and while that selection is somewhat limited I have read four books so far and enjoyed them all.
We pay as much for Prime as we did Netflix and while the movie selection isn't all that great, we also get free shipping and I think the subscription is paying for itself just by letting me have a new book once a month.
I read War Brides and The Misremembered Man, when you are done you just pick out a new book and Amazon takes the old one back!!!
It is sort of magical really.
- Maud Fitch
- Posts: 2736
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 23:05
- Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Location: Queensland Australia
As far as I know, Kindle does not lend to public libraries in Australia.leverett wrote:Does anyone know about the lending between Kindles outside of the US. I'm in Australia and I understand (although I have to admit I haven't looked into it in a great amount of detail) that the lending isn't available. And, while I am at it, does anyone know if it is possible to borrow ebooks from the library in Oz? YES
However Australian public lending libraries have thousands of e-book titles available for free download to any device.
Current bestsellers too, so check with your local library and prepared to be amazed.
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 18 Jun 2014, 10:13
- Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
- Currently Reading: The Night Circus
- Bookshelf Size: 61
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshilou.html
- Latest Review: "Outcast" by Marc Saville
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 11:48
- 2018 Reading Goal: 365
- 2017 Reading Goal: 150
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 68
- Bookshelf Size: 111
- Location: Lagos.Nigeria
-- 11 Nov 2017, 16:49 --
-- 11 Nov 2017, 16:50 --