Screen Flashing For Anyone Else?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Beautifulme47
Bookshelf Size: 0

Screen Flashing For Anyone Else?

Post by Beautifulme47 »

I recently purchased an Amazon Kindle and have used it maybe a total of 100 hours. While reading pages the backlight flashes randomly maybe once a minute. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried or is it maybe a glitch?
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

I've had an Amazon Kindle for a few years now. I absolutely love it. But recently, maybe within the past two weeks, it's started to flash like you've described but only every few minutes. I've found it only happens when I have it set to Sepia. I generally use the black background. I've had a previous problem with an update. After calling support they told me to factory reset the devise. I wasn't about to do that so I just waited it out and eventually it fixed itself. I figured I would just ignore the random flashing for now and see if it eventually fixes itself. For me, it really isn't too bad.
amypattenaude
Favorite Author: Deborah Harkness
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 20
fav_author_id: 2676

Post by amypattenaude »

Which versions of the Kindle do you guys own? I am still happily attached to my ancient Kindle, it has no backlight, but it is surely not going to last forever and I have not kept up with the different versions they have come out with. I think I got mine in 2010/2011, before the touchscreen and paperwhite. I love that it does look like you are reading off a computer or tablet, there's no glare, I can read outside, it's not too bright or dark, it looks like an electronic version of the page of a book. I hate when people say "Oh you can read it online!" Who really wants to sit at their computer all day? Or look at a miniature version of a computer screen?
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Probably due to an upgrade issue. Still better to worry and contact them since you bought it and it is your money 💰
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”