I do not have kindle.. how can I get the books that are only offered that way?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
fatemeh133
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatemeh133.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

I do not have kindle.. how can I get the books that are only offered that way?

Post by fatemeh133 »

Hi,
the topic sums it up.
I can not get the books offered on kindle because I do not have a kindle account. I am an old fashioned reader. I prefer books in my hand, oven if it is a print out. So is there anyway I can get the books that are offered through kindle?
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

Without having an account on Amazon, I don't believe so because they aren't a downloadable option, it just sends the text to your Kindle app or device. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone or computer instead of buying the Kindle device though.
MezzoNoMore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MezzoNoMore »

I agree with Jessi, best option is to get the free app for your phone or tablet. You can buy the ebooks on Amazon and they’ll be available to read in the app.
Zuribooks
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zuribooks.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Zuribooks »

Im doing that too, i have all the books in my kindle app, and even if i download them from a computer they will always be in the devise i register in.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

The good news is that you can register multiple devices and read across them. For example, I can read a book to page 100 on my Kindle, pick up on my phone app and read to page 200, pick it up on my computer app to page 250 and then switch to my Kindle again to the end. It saves where I am no matter where I log in on any of my devices that I've logged into Amazon.
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

You should be able to get the Kindle app on many different devices. I even have it on my iPod Touch, though I would not recommend spending hours and hours reading on a phone or iPod screen as there really is no way for them to be made relaxing for the eyes.

If you can save up a little, you can get a basic Kindle for it too much, especially if you are willing to get a refurbished one.
SLD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SLD »

I just downloaded the kindle app onto my phone, my tablets, & my computers. I get most of my e-books through the public library. Once I check them out I can then download then to read by clicking on the kindle icon. That directs my screen to my Amazon account, where I can go to "my devices & content" and download the book on any, or all, of my electronic devices. It's really nice, because if I'm reading on my phone, but next time want to read on my tablet, it automatically asks me if I want to go to the page where I stopped reading on the earlier device.
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by morenikeji100 »

Thanks everyone, your posts have been really helpful, I'll also try to follow the procedures to get the kiddle.
Ebonez_nahmi
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebonez-nahmi.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Ebonez_nahmi »

Okay, so I just downloaded the free kindle app on my PC, but I am still not getting any books! I don't see a download option on my amazon page and clicking the book title or the kindle version link doesn't do anything for me. The kindle app itself just shows zero for everything: library, collections, downloads, everything!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I really am not getting the hang of this. Please help!
If you think learning is tough, try ignorance :techie-studyingbrown:
meadhbh
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: The Last Rite by Chad Morgan

Post by meadhbh »

Ebonez_nahmi wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:52 Okay, so I just downloaded the free kindle app on my PC, but I am still not getting any books! I don't see a download option on my amazon page and clicking the book title or the kindle version link doesn't do anything for me. The kindle app itself just shows zero for everything: library, collections, downloads, everything!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I really am not getting the hang of this. Please help!
Have you tried logging in to the app with your Amazon account?
Shaggy-Reads
Currently Reading: Bound in Flames
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaggy-reads.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Shaggy-Reads »

Downloading the app on hour devices isn’t enough. You also have to register and add tour devices to your amazing account. All of this is Free and only takes a few minutes. You then set your most used device as your default but can send the books to every device also. I only read on my phone if I’m out of the house and have run the battery down on my kindle fire. I agree hat you should leave reading to a larger device to reduce eye strain. You can get a refurbished kindle for little money now if you are patient and look around. If you don’t want to go that route you can do as I said before as well as others before me. Utilize the free app across your devices and enjoy. Don’t forget to register and create your account to be able to download books. I search “free kindle books” every month and download a ton when they are available. It is a great way to find new authors and series you may have never run across otherwise.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Let me suggest a way. If you are a reviewer at online book club, the book you choose to review, they will give you a copy in any format you request. You can get it in pdf form, print it, read it and destroy it since it is illegal and unethical to have a copy of that. Try it 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
bello22
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello22.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling
Reading Device: B01LWAM0V1

Post by bello22 »

Some books come in only kindle format and the amazon kindle app is not yet available in my country's app store. So sad.
Ikidala
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ikidala »

I only read on my phone but I do have a 6.3 screen but I have had smaller screens you can adjust the font size to bigger to help with eye strain, no need to buy a kindle if you have a tablet any tablet does the same thing as a kindle does and you can get really cheap tablets these days if you don't have one. I paid 32.00 for mine in 2010 and still works great it's my smallest tablet but my hands just can't hold it so my phone is the best. Happy amazon reading.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

Before I got a Kindle I got all the books that have been offered or that are able to be reviewed on the Amazon site using kindle unlimited they also have apps like kindle cloud reader.
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”